A new season is up and running in Destiny 2. Naturally, players will be able to unlock Stasis aspects and fragments, some of which are ridiculously powerful. I’m not even sure if these are necessary considering how PvP is already hectic due to the subclass, but it is what it is. Anyway, here’s our guide to help you unlock the new Stasis aspects and fragments in Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer.
Note: For more information about Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer, check out our guides and features hub.
Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer guide — How to unlock the new Stasis aspects and fragments
To unlock the new Stasis aspects and fragments in Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer, make sure that you’ve already finished all previous steps in the Born in Darkness quest chain. You can refer to our main guide for the Stasis subclass since there are several parts that you need to complete, including those from the Season of the Chosen.
Assuming you’ve done all of these, then you can visit the Exo Stranger on Europa. She’ll provide you with the quest step for the Aspect of Interference. You’re tasked with investigating the Entropic Shards that have spawned in Kell’s Rising.
Note: As for the Stasis fragment quests, you can grab them from the Exo Stranger too. I’ll mention the ones that I picked up in a while.
Head to Riis-Reborn and follow the pathway until you reach the Kell’s Rising area (the one that looks like a factory). You should see a Fallen captain and the first Entropic Shard.
Make sure you have your trusty Salvation’s Grip with you so you can shoot and destroy the shards. Continue following the pathway as it loops around and you’ll find more shards.
Once you reach the end, a giant Entropic Shard will appear. Likewise, wave after wave of Vex will spawn. Since you no longer need to destroy the shards, you can replace your Salvation’s Grip with a different heavy weapon. Take out all the Vex and you’ll be given the next step. It involves completing the heroic version of the Exo Challenge.
Note: There’s a chance that the Exo challenge that appears on the map is different. Make sure that it says “Heroic” before you load in.
The Exo challenge, Heroic: Survival, has you crossing snow-covered paths and jumping on platforms, all while attempting to survive the stacking Biting Cold debuff. If it reaches 10 stacks, your health will slowly get depleted. You can move within the radius of braziers/fires to nullify this debuff.
However, since this is the heroic version, there are additional modifiers such as “Chaff” (no radar) and “Shocker” (Vex goblins that you kill will spawn Arc pools that damage you). Moreover, you’ll notice that some hobgoblins and minotaurs have been turned into Barrier and Overload champions respectively.
Anyway, the first section is actually the one that might give you headaches since you need to cross an open area while mobs are shooting at you. Eventually, though, you should reach the upper sections of the map.
If you make it to the part seen in the image below, it’s actually better to just run past the mobs all the way to the next brazier.
The final area has the Vex hydra boss. At certain intervals, it’ll spawn more goblins, along with maybe one or two champions. Make sure that you have your super ready to destroy it quickly.
When you’re done, you should be able to return to the Darkness altar in Europa’s Beyond zone to claim your new Stasis aspect.
Note: If you pick up the quest on your alts, you can go directly to the Darkness altar to get the new Stasis aspect without redoing the aforementioned steps.
The effects of the new Stasis aspects and fragments
Here are the effects of the new Stasis aspects:
- Warlock: Glacial Harvest – When you freeze targets, you’ll create more shards. Freezing stronger combatants generates more shards.
- Hunter: Touch of Winter – Your grenades have improved functionality. Glacier Grenades add Stasis crystals and change formations. Duskfield Grenades, meanwhile, create Stasis crystals on impact and have a larger AoE field. Lastly, the seeker effects of Coldsnap Grenades travel further and faster, and they can chain once more.
- Titan: Diamond Lance – Whenever you kill or shatter enemies with Stasis abilities, you’ll create a Stasis Lance. If you shoot, the Stasis Lance will be thrown and it’ll freeze targets on impact. Conversely, pressing the melee button will cause you to slam and freeze nearby targets.
As for the fragments, don’t forget that you can pick up a couple of quests related to the Vanguard, Crucible, or Gambit playlists. For instance, I grabbed two quests for Vanguard strikes:
- Umbral Duty – Defeat 40x slowed combatants, collect 5x Dark Reflections from strike bosses, and defeat/freeze 70x enemies.
- Umbral Infiltration – Get 70x super kills, 50x shatter damage final blows, and 30x Stasis melee final blows.
These are the effects of the new Stasis fragments:
- Whisper of Hunger – Increases the melee energy you gain from picking up Stasis shards; -10 mobility and recovery.
- Whisper of Rending – Increased kinetic weapon damage versus frozen enemies and Stasis crystals.
- Whisper of Conduction – Nearby Stasis shards track and home in on your position; +10 intellect and resilience.
- Whisper of Rime – Collecting Stasis shards grants a 10-second overshield; obtaining extra shards boosts the overshield and refreshes its timer.
Needless to say, Hunters and Titans will have a lot of fun with these new Stasis aspects and fragments in Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer. If you’ve got a dedicated PvP team, then you’ll surely enjoy using these new combinations. If you’re a more casual player, then you might want to avoid the Crucible and Trials.