The third week of the Season of the Chosen has a new challenge for Guardians. Here’s our guide to help you with The Presage’s master mode difficulty and Dead Man’s Tale catalyst in Destiny 2.
Note: For more information, check out our Destiny 2: Season of the Chosen guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Destiny 2 guide — The Presage on master difficulty and the Dead Man’s Tale catalyst
To enable The Presage’s master difficulty mode in Destiny 2, simply talk to Zavala in the Tower.
You’ll get a quest called “At Your Fingertips,” which leads to a “Dark-forged trigger.” It’s just a fancy way of calling the Dead Man’s Tale exotic catalyst.
Anyway, check your director and open the Tangled Shore. You’ll notice that The Presage awards pinnacle gear upon completion. Likewise, if you click on it, the master difficulty mode should appear.
It has the following modifiers:
- 1,320 recommended power level (PL) – You can refer to our leveling guide if you need help boosting your Guardian’s power.
- Champions: Mob – This one’s bugged. There are no champions at the moment.
- Equipment Locked
- Match Game
- Chaff (radar disabled)
- 25-minute time limit – Although not seen on this screen, you’ll know it once you spawn in The Presage mission.
Evidently, a combination of higher-PL mobs, match game shields, and the time limit will become a challenge for players. If last week’s normal version took you a while to obtain the exotic scout rifle while playing solo, then you can consider joining other groups to get the Dead Man’s Tale catalyst in Destiny 2.
Here are some additional tips:
- Try to familiarize yourself with the interior of the Glykon, especially its puzzles. You can refer to our normal mode mission guide to learn about the puzzles and mechanics.
- Have a decent loadout, such as The Lament exotic sword or the Xenophage exotic machine gun as your heavy. Weapons with different elements (maybe even Hard Light), could also provide aid. Likewise, a grenade launcher that rolled with the “Blinding Grenades” perk (i.e., Truthteller) might even be of use against clustered mobs and majors.
- The fight in the hangar is one part that could take you a while to finish owing to the sheer number of mobs and the abominations that’ll blast you with lightning.
- Ideally, you should reach the boss’ room with 10 minutes left (or more) depending on how fast you breezed through the puzzle rooms.
- Be careful when fighting the Locus of Communion boss. Trying to cheese the boss fight might add a few minutes since it’s a slow and steady process. However, attempting to rush it might lead to complications and wipes. You definitely don’t want to restart the encounter from the beginning.
- You can also hop on the Destiny 2 subreddit’s Discord server if you want to find peeps who are running the mission.
After finishing The Presage mission on master difficulty in Destiny 2, you’ll get the Dead Man’s Tale exotic catalyst, as well as a new drop with random rolls (this is only once per week/per account). The catalyst itself requires 800 kills with the weapon, but progress is retroactive (in case you’ve used it a lot these past few days). However, you can also look for hidden caches aboard the Glykon to gain roughly 12% progress per cache.
Once you’ve earned 100% progress, Destiny 2‘s Dead Man’s Tale catalyst increases the weapon’s fire rate while shooting from the hip. Likewise, it reduces targeting penalties when hip-firing.
Anyway, to see a full run of The Presage mission on master difficulty, you can watch the video below from Destiny 2 YouTuber SneakyBeaver: