So, you wanted to go with your Warlock to grind out Destiny 2‘s Solstice of Heroes armor sets. That’s totally awesome because everyone in Destiny 2 loves a Warlock!
We’ve outlined the Solstice of Heroes event and EAZ basics over here. In general, save the EAZ requirements for last. Some Warlock armors might require you to open Solstice Packages at the end of an EAZ run. These require Solstice Key Fragments anyway which you can obtain from bounties that you’d end up doing in other activities.
As for Elemental Orb requirements, if you’re running with a fireteam then pick the same subclass and weapon loadout for that specific element so everyone gets the orbs they need.
Note: I’ve also added tips from Reddit user Alhosani55 who’s outlined the most efficient ways of progressing through each armor tier. Anyway, let’s take a look at how you’ll progress through each Solstice of Heroes armor tier for your Warlock.
Solstice of Heroes Armor: Drained Set (Warlock)
- complete a European Aerial Zone run (the first one you do)
- 50 precision kills anywhere
- defeat 50 Cabal anywhere
- complete 10 Vanguard playlist strikes
- collect 500 Elemental Orbs of any type anywhere
- defeat 10 Guardians in Crucible or Gambit
- complete 3 adventures
- collect 100 Arc orbs in Crucible or Gambit (does not work in Gambit Prime)
- unlock 10 Solstice Packages
- open 10 chests in the EAZ
- collect 100 Solar orbs in strikes
- defeat 75 enemies in the EAZ with a Void subclass equipped
- 10 public events on Nessus
- turn in 5 Solstice of Heroes bounties
- complete 10 Crucible or Gambit matches
- Strikes (gloves and boots) – complete strikes and use a Solar subclass and weapons for Solar orbs
- Crucible or Gambit (gloves, chest, and bond) – make sure to have an Arc subclass and weapons for Arc orbs
- Public Events on Nessus (bond) – double-dip by completing an event and fast-traveling back to the same area
- Adventures (chest) – just do the daily heroic or whatever you fancy
- EAZ (helmet, chest, and boots) – solstice packages, loot chests, use a Void subclass, and complete your EAZ runs
- Everything else – precision kills, Cabal kills, any elemental orb, and Solstice bounties
Note: The last part (“Everything else”) corresponds to requirements that can be done in Destiny 2 all throughout the grind as a Warlock. Let’s say you’re doing Vanguard strikes for the Warlock’s Solstice of Heroes gloves and boots requirements, you might want to equip the helmet as well for the precision kills. If you end up in Arms Dealer (which has lots of Cabal enemies), then you’re also getting progress for Cabal kills for your helmet.
When you’re done, access the Solstice statue to turn your Warlock greens into blues. It’s time to grind for the Renewed set.
Solstice of Heroes Armor: Renewed Set (Warlock)
- kill 300 enemies in Vanguard strikes with a subclass equipped that matches the daily singe (see note 1 and 2 below)
- 300 Elemental Orbs of any type in the EAZ
- kill 100 minibosses in the EAZ
- complete 50 bounties
- collect 1,500 Elemental Orbs of any type with a subclass equipped that matches the daily singe (see note 2 below)
- defeat 75 Guardians in Gambit or Crucible using Solar weapons (ie. Luna’s Howl, Not Forgotten, Beloved, One Thousand Voices)
- complete 10 Gambit matches
- complete 5 daily or weekly challenges
- defeat 300 enemies with Void weapons
- complete 10 Heroic Public Events
- collect 500 Solar orbs in Vanguard strikes (see note 1 below)
- defeat 300 Hive with a subclass equipped that matches the daily singe (see note 2 below)
- complete 25 patrols on Titan
- loot 50 chests in the EAZ
- finish Guardians in Crucible or Gambit using Arc supers
Note 1: For steps that require you to be in a Vanguard strike playlist, you can join up with friends to load up a strike. Instead of progressing through the strike, just do other activities (ie. patrols, public events, lost sectors). Your collected orbs and weapon kills will count.
Note 2: For the “subclass must match daily singe” requirements, you can combine this with other activities. For instance, let’s say the daily singe is Solar but you need Void weapon kills. All you need to do is equip a Solar subclass, but pick Void energy and power weapons.
- Strikes (helmet and boots) – Solar orbs, enemies killed with subclass matching daily singe
- Gambit only (chest) – complete Gambit matches
- Crucible or Gambit (gloves, chest, bond) – Guardians defeated with Solar weapons, Guardians defeated with Arc supers; Side note: This is an annoying step, sorry, Warlocks.
- Titan Heroic Public Events and patrols (boots and bond) – you might as well do these in the same location (Titan)
- EAZ (helmet and bond) – defeat minibosses, loot chests, and collect Elemental Orbs of any type
- Everything else – bounties, weekly and daily challenges, defeat Hive with a subclass matching the daily burn, elemental orbs using a subclass matching the daily burn, void weapon kills
When you’re done, access the Solstice statue to turn your Warlock blues into purples. It’s time to grind for the Warlock’s Masterworked Majestic set. Do note that the requirements to masterwork your armor will be the same for all three classes.
Note 3: Attaining the Majestic armor set is one of the 24 requirements for Destiny 2‘s MMXIX title.
Solstice of Heroes Armor: Majestic/Masterworked Set
- Helmet – Complete a Prestige Nightfall with a score of 200,000 or better.
- Gloves – Vanguard playlist strikes with clanmates.
- Chest – Complete “Shattered Throne” with less than three players.
- Boots – Reset your Season 7 Valor ranking in the Crucible. This is retroactive.
- Cloak/Mark/Bond – Defeat challenging combatants throughout the system.
Note: As mentioned in our MMXIX guide, you’ll only need to masterwork a single piece to complete one of the Destiny 2 Moments of Triumph requirements for the title/seal.
With that, you’re done obtaining your Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes armor set for your Warlock. Maybe you’d want to do it for the other Destiny 2 class — the Hunter. Oh, wait, there’s also the Titan. I almost forgot about that class.
For more Destiny 2 Season of Opulence guides, just head over to our main hub right over here.