The basics: Bounties, Decrypted Data, and Splicer Servitor reputation
The Splicer Servitor has several bounties that you can pick up. Some of these can only be done in the Override activity, though others can be completed in any location. These bounties provide you with XP, and completing eight each week rewards you with a pinnacle drop.
Here are some examples of the bounties you’ll see today:
- Defeat targets with sidearms (anywhere).
- Defeat targets with grenades (anywhere).
- Defeat Vex fanatics; those in Override are worth more points.
- Generate 10x orbs in Override.
As for Decrypted Data, it’s passively increased whenever you complete the weekly challenges and seasonal activities (i.e., opening the Conflux chest at the end of an Override run). In turn, your reputation with the Splicer Servitor also ranks up. This lets you acquire Splicer Umbral Engrams that you can transform via the Prismatic Recaster (more on this in a while).
You can take a look at the seasonal/weekly challenges screen via the quest tab to see the tasks that you can complete. Right now, there are two that provide additional Decrypted Data:
- “Hello, World” (150x Decrypted Data) – Complete Path of the Splicer I and defeat powerful Cabal anywhere in the system.
- “Maximum Override” (150x Decrypted Data) – Complete 5x Override runs and deposit Data Spikes.
Anyway, let’s talk about new mods and Prismatic Recaster selections in the next part of our Splicer Gauntlet guide for Destiny 2.