The latest PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (v1.9 build 582.1_P9) adds some requested UI changes, and officially brings DirectX 12 support out of beta. DX12 has been available in the game via a beta branch for several weeks now, but will now appear as an option for all players.
There is now a new DX12 preview branch, for multi-GPU support. You can access that one with the usual method (find the betas tab in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided’s properties menu, and choose ‘dx12_mgpu_preview’ from the drop-down menu).
On the UI side of things, it’s now possible to close menus (inventory etc) with the same hot-key used to open them. There’s also a fix for the problem where ‘Hold E’ to open devices would clash with holding E to drag bodies around.
Here’s the changelog for v1.9 build 582.1_P9.
- Players can now also close their in-game menus using the keys to open it: TAB / I / M / O / P / L.
- Fixed an issue where the diagonal walk speed was too fast, causing Jensen to make noise.
- Fixed a crash at the shooting range.
- Fixed an issue where Rucker would not spawn in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where the tranquilizer rifle would no longer shoot in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue in System Rift where the “Heat Sensor” strategy page would not trigger after loading a savegame.
- ‘Hold E’ to open Mission Objectives/Pocket Secretaries/Strategy Pages/Etc. are mapped to the TAB key by default. This removes the interference with ‘Hold E’ to drag bodies.
- Added support for DirectX 12.
- You can toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
- Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running game session. (WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all. If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.)
- Multi-GPU Note: Currently we only support Single GPU on DirectX 12, see below for more details about Multi-GPU.