Blizzard is back with another update to the classic ARPG Diablo 2 taking the game to version 1.14b.
This latest update “focuses on frame rate, Mercenaries, and Mac-client crashes” as they continue to tweak the old game for modern PCs. The last update was only released last month so they are obviously working hard at bringing the game up to speed which is great to see.
The patch can be downloaded directly from Blizzard and it fixes the following.
- Glide Wrapper will now load properly on PC by adding -3dfx to the end of the game shortcut
- Mercenaries will no longer become “An Evil Force”
- Fixed Mac client crash on “Save & Exit”
- Capped the frame rate to 200 to save batteries, spare system load, and prevent hot lap syndrome
- Created new German installers to fix localization issues in Act V (Will require a fresh install to fix the missing dialogue data)