One of the new additions coming to the live servers in Diablo 3 patch 2.3.0 is Kanai’s Cube and the Diabloii.Net team have been experimenting with the cube on the public test servers.
Today we have a quick guide to how Kanai’s Cube works and below you can find a short version of what you need to do and a longer explanation which is linked at the bottom.
- Fetch the Cube from the Ruins of Sescheron dungeon; Act Three, Adventure Mode only.
- Bliss out to the soothing conversation of Zoltan’s Kulle story.
- The cube has seven recipes, all of which could use a bit better documentation and functionality.
- Bounty farm in ALL FIVE ACTS, because the powerful Cube recipes require at least 1 each of the five new materials that can only be obtained from Horadric Caches in each act.
- Spend way too long looking over every legendary item in your stash, trying to figure which to melt into the cube for the bonus property.
- Activate 3 properties and immediately obliterate your best Grift to date.
That’s a brief explanation of the order in which you need to do things to get your hands on the new cube but there’s more. Over on the main guide you can read about the different recipes that have been tested when it comes to reforging a Legendary, upgrading a rare item, converting set items, removing level requirements, converting gems and converting crafting materials. There’s also some class specific notes worth reading.
Our experts say:
“Theorycrafting Kanai’s Cube is fun, but actually playing experimenting with it in the game and seeing how much your play style can change/improve after adding just one or two item properties, is amazing. If you’ve got the time, hop on the PTR and dig into the options. If you ever manage to create or join enough games to farm up the necessary Cache materials, the possibilities are everywhere.”
The full guide can be read here.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.