Blizzard has done a great job at hiding Diablo 3 away in the murky depths of the BlizzCon convention centre but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing to talk about.
This evening the Diablo 3 development team announced all the new content that’s coming in patch 2.4 which will go live as soon as next week on the PTR servers. The Diablo 3 team appear to be cramming in more new content with every patch update and 2.4 has some big changes, including the much requested extra stash tabs.
To summarise, this is what’s being added in patch 2.4:
- New Zone – Greyhollow Island
- New Areas – Royal Quarters & Eternal Woods
- New Events
- 16 New monsters
- 175 New Bounties
- Empowered Rifts
- Buff UI Overhaul
- New Kanai’s Cube Recipe.
- 50+new Legendary Items with 10 revised sets.
- 24 new Set Dungeons. Four for each class.
- Sean Journey Improvements
- Rebirth Feature.
- Season 5 will be 3 months long. If this works it will be set in stone for future seasons.
- News Cosmetics Cycle.
- Guaranteed Legendary Set.
- New Stash Tab for everyone with additional tabs available which have to be earned in Season Journey.
The additional stash will be much appreciated by players and the Empowered rift look interesting, even if they appear to being added purely as a gold sink. It’s hard to explain all the new features in words so it would be a good idea to watch the panel below which shows the 2.4 update in full.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.