Discord is continuing to add new features to the community chat app with the latest addition being what they call Rich Presence.
This new feature integrates directly with specific games and users can see what their friends are playing, then with one click, launch the game and join the action. This means players can join parties, join as a spectator, or invite friends to play directly from Discord. More players stas have also been added to a user’s details on the app if that game they are playing is supported.
The first game to make use of this new feature is Call of Duty: WWII. Fifteen other developers/publishers have signed up including Payday 2 developer Starbreeze and Divinity II developer Larian Studios. A full list of currently supported games can be seen below.
“Rich Presence removes the friction PC gamers often feel when joining game sessions with their friends, “ says Jason Citron, CEO of Discord. “It gives players a clear at-a-glance understanding of what their friends are playing, how they are playing it, where they are at in the game, and a one-click way to jump in and join. For developers, this becomes a valuable way to help super-fans engage more deeply with other players in their games and get the word out in their game communities.”
Now that you know this can be done, join PC invasion on Discord.
Currently Supported Games
- Battlerite by Stunlock Studios
- Duelyst by Counterplay Games
- SpeedRunners by DoubleDutch Games
- Tooth & Tail by Pocketwatch Games
- Foxhole by Clapfoot
- Unturned by Smartly Dressed Games
- osu! by PPY
- Holodrive by Bitcake Studio
- Killing Floor 2 by Tripwire Interactive
- Brawlhalla by Blue Mammoth Games
- Squad by Offworld Industries
- GRIP by Caged Element
- We Need to Go Deeper by Deli Interactive
- Move or Die by Those Awesome Guys
- Hellion by Zero Gravity
- Ballistic Overkill by Aquiris Game Studio
- Descenders by RageSquid
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.