Larian has released a large feature and bug fix update for their excellent RPG.
There’s a couple of really interesting additions in this Divinity Original Sin patch (v188.8.131.52), the release of the model exporters for importing models and animations to the game and the ability to cloud save. If cloud saving is turned on, new saves will be fired up to the cloud, but only new saves from this patch and beyond because Larian are using a new save format. To get around this, load up old saves then save them again.
All saves in the cloud can be managed via in the in-game menu. It’s worth noting there’s a limit to how much can be stored in the cloud with the oldest saves being removed as new ones are added. This does not affect your new local saves.
Larian also adds this important note:
“Since the game is DRM-free, it can be started manually from the game folder while steam cloud is syncing. Do NOT do this, as it can possibly corrupt your steam cached cloud files. You will not lose any saves, but the cloud will be confused as to what is in sync and what is not. Please only start the game via steam, if steam is running.”
Saving to the cloud is always risky, but if you really need it for whatever reason, then at least the option is there now.
This patch also comes with more bug fixes and a few balance changes which include:
- Gameplay Blocked when talking to Leandra while escaping from Death Knights
- Bairdotr party size issue fixed. You were no longer able to recruit a 4th party member. Loading your savegame should allow you to re-hire a 4th companion immediately.
- Fixed Homestead room-opening issue if you spoke to Zixzax with a companion first, while other player characters were arriving. If you had this issue pre-patch, you can try loading your save and returning to the Homestead.
- Fixed Zandalor being interruptible when you first meet him. This could cause story progression issues.
- Evelyn NPC blocked and remains in clinic before and after going through the lair scene
- Equipment usable in skill bar
- “Send to Homestead” appears in context menu if you start new game after loading save
- Change Tenebrium weapon damage calculation: Tenebrium ability is now a requirement and you get the damage boost from your weapon ability
- Kickstarter pet black spider should now be the black spider model instead of fleshy spider
- Ingame time incorrect after loading a save and then starting a new game
- Due to cloud being enabled, the way the player profiles are shown in the game has changed. All existing profiles are scanned and available, instead of only the profiles linked to your steam account.
- Fixed issue that could get your character stuck in skill preview mode after spamming skill keys when leaving a dialog
Mac specific changes:
- VideoCardBlackList expanded with all the reported models for Yosemite (Lockup on first screen on old hardware)
- OpenGL specific fixes for flickering objects
- OpenGL performance improvements
- Effects library updated with camera effect
- Smoother zoom and scroll
- Books rendering issues with OpenGL
- Mouse right click in fake full screen was not working
- Chimaera (script improved)
- Dietmar (bugfix: enemies won’t turn invisible again on save/load)
- Lighthouse Horror (bugfix: scripting error)
- Crab Summoner (now summons more, hits harder, can teleport back to the player if too far away)
- Blue Mushrooms (bugfix: summons will not be of a different faction anymore)
- Void Shepherd (bugfix: killing the shepherd now ends the fight)
- Drunk Goblins (bugfix: goblins were not ending turn when drinking from flower)
- Rafflesia (bugfix: now summons level 14 flowers)
- Shadow Summoner (now stronger & faster)
- Spider Queen (bugfix: now summons level 14 spiders)
- Kromkromkris (bugfix: doesn’t get attacked by his own summons anymore)
- Boreas (bugfix: made non-teleportable & doesn’t move when it’s not his turn anymore)
- Anguish Demon (removed one summon, making the fight a bit easier)
- Fire Demon (summons void dogs faster)
- Kalgruuda Cloudpiercer (doesn’t end turn after summoning and summons don’t skip their first turn anymore)
- Braogg Spiritchaser (doesn’t end turn after summoning anymore)
- Tunnel Mushroom (made non-teleportable)
- Rebalanced Constitution & Damage: from Luculla to Dark Forest, overall, creatures go down faster but deal more damage
- Toned down Armor: some Armor scores were too high, resulting in unnecessarily long fight
- Rebalanced Initiative: some creatures had too high an Init, others too little. NPC Init scores will now be closer to players’ score
- Rebalanced Willpower & Bodybuilding throughout the game
- Rebalanced physical & magical resistances
- Some creatures had high dexterity and were difficult to hit
- Pure elementals (fire, water, air, earth) now have proper resistances and immunities
- Magic weapons changed (example: a flaming sword would inflict pure fire damage. Now, it inflicts physical (slashing) damage + a fire boost)
- We have supplied a 3DSMax exporter to allow you to import custom animations and models into your mods