DOOM free Update 5 has now been released and it comes with a few things DOOM players might appreciate.
The content includes multiplayer bots, a new game mode called Infernal Run, new SnapMap modules, and more. The update is hefty at 11.9 Gb so be prepared for that.
The other big news is that Denuvo protection has apparently now been removed from the game. With the game having been out for some time, perhaps Bethesda thought that it was no longer needed to protect the initial sales. There’s also another theory that the DOOM Denuvo was cracked so there was no point in carrying on with it. Still, good news for gamers who hate Denuvo.
DOOM‘s final DLC called Bloodfall will also arrive on December 15.
Here are the patch notes, which incidentally don’t mention anything about Denuvo removal.
Free Update 5 Release Notes
- Added new game mode, Infernal Run
Teams fight to obtain the ball and score in the opponent’s goal
- Added Bots for multiplayer
Bots are available on original multiplayer maps in Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch game modes
- Increased the maximum level cap to Echelon 11, level 50
- Added the DOOM Marine Armor (Praetor Suit) as unlockable perk for achieving maximum multiplayer level cap
- Resolved an issue where rapid controller input caused unusually high shotgun damage.
- You can now play as the DOOM Marine in Praetor Suit Armor
- Added over 30 Lazarus Lab–themed modules
- Added Lazarus Lab–themed props
- Improved Object Limits
- Persistent Integer variables that can be passed between missions within a campaign
- Save and restore your health/armor/ammo/weapons/equipment/max weapon slots/inventory
- Added the ability to Get and Set Score
- You can now access the Leaderboard Score in the HUD
- Added new (first-person view) Player Camera Entity
- Added camera rumble FX and sounds
- Added new player modifiers
- Ledge grab time, power-up time, barrel damage, equipment cool down
- Plasma weapon mastery
- Additional single-player Interactables
- New single-player styled Objective HUD
- Added single-player Compass
- General single-player consistency pass on HUD
- Added more POI options
- Show distance, show on compass
- Updated victory and post-match summary screens
- More interactable and customizable GUI
- Added animated Echo Events
- Added new FX/hazards
- Added % encounter complete listener to encounters
- Ability to remove AI from finished encounters and events
- Ability to remove unspawned AI from the AIC
- Added ability to turn off bobbing on pickups to place them however you want
- Editor improvement to hide/show types of objects
- Editor improvement to lock rotation when moving objects
- Editor improvement to disable snapping of objects to the floor
- Added armor Customizations and Taunts