The latest version of Dota 2‘s 6.84 patch – this time, 6.84c – has been released, offering a few more little tweaks to abilities, items, and AoE gold.
Valve are clearly still trying to fine-tune the patch before The International 4, which means lots more minor adjustments that’ll hopefully get everything nice and balanced before the big boys start competing for that rather large prize pool.
Item-wise, haste runes and Mekansm are taking hits this time, with the duration of the former dropped from 30 seconds to 25, and the cooldown of the latter increased from 45 seconds to 65 seconds.
In terms of heroes, we’ve got scattered nerfs to Io, Gyrocopter, Bristleback, Chen, Broodmother, Undying, and the Visage/Drow combo.
Finally, in terms of raw mechanics, XP hero bounty and AoE gold bounty have been adjusted. I’m not even going to get into this because it involves formulae, but you can see it all in the patch notes below.
- Haste rune duration reduced from 30 to 25
- Mekansm cooldown increased from 45 to 65
- Tether movespeed bonus reduced from 17% to 14/15/16/17%
- Rocket Barrage damage reduced from 11/15/19/23 to 8/13/18/23
- Bristleback Base Attack Time increased from 1.7 to 1.8
- Precision Aura’s passive no longer has an exception for pseudo-heroes like Familiars (still affects them when cast, like creeps)
- Spiderlings Poison Sting slow reduced from 15 to 12%
- Holy Persuasion now provides a base HP minimum of 700/800/900/1000 instead of raw bonus HP
- Tombstone HP reduced from 200/400/600/800 to 175/350/525/700
- The fixed portion of the XP Hero Bounty for first 5 levels is reduced from 100/120/160/220/300 to 100/120/140/160/180 (then continues +100 per level as usual)
- AoE Gold Bounty, for teams that are behind, now has a small additional component that doesn’t fully scale with net worth (100/75/50/35/25 for 1/2/3/4/5 heroes, scales linearly from 0 to 4k net worth difference)
- Small adjustments to AoE Gold (non-networth component):
1: 154 + 7.7 * Level
2: 115.5 + 6.6 * Level
3: 66 + 5.5 * Level
4: 38.5 + 4.4 * Level
5: 33 + 4.4 * Level
1: 150 + 8 * Level
2: 100 + 7 * Level
3: 40 + 6 * Level
4: 25 + 4 * Level
5: 20 + 4 * Level
Tim has been playing PC games for longer than he’s willing to admit. He’s written for a number of publications, but has been with PC Invasion – in all its various incarnations – for over a decade. When not writing about games, Tim can occasionally be found speedrunning terrible ones, making people angry in Dota 2, or playing something obscure and random. He’s also weirdly proud of his status as (probably) the Isle of Man’s only professional games journalist.