The Compendium for Dota 2‘s The International 2015 tournament is now halfway to its stretch goal total, having just topped $7,500,000.
12 of the 20 stretch goals have now been reached, unlocking the following:
- Compendium Challenges
- The International 2015 Cursor Pack
- The ability for Compendium owners to vote on players for the All Star Match
- The first Immortal Treasure
- The ability for Compendium owners to vote on which hero should receive the next Arcana
- The Effigy Reforger pack for The International 2015
- The Loading Screen Treasure
- A new set of emoticons for Dota 2 chat
- A new HUD for The International 2015
- The Taunt Treasure
- The Watcher Below Ward
- The second Immortal Treasure
According to the latest post over on the Dota 2 blog, the second Immortal Treasure isn’t quite ready to be slotted into the game. “We know the most important aspect of these Immortals is their quality level, so we are also planning on spending some extra time polishing them rather than releasing them quickly,” says the blog. Seems reasonable; each of the items in the first Immortal Treasure set contained custom animations for abilities, so I rather expect the second and third Immortal Treasure sets will have the same.
The next stretch goal – at $8,000,000 – will open up a Dota 2 short film contest, and then $9,000,000 will net Compendium owners the Wyvern Hatchling courier. You can see the rest of the stretch goals over here.
The TI5 prize pool is sat on $7,529,760 at the time of writing – and the Compendium has amassed that in 10 days, with 90 days to go. The ultimate stretch goal is at $15,000,000, and at this point I’d be surprised if it doesn’t make it. 25% of all Compendium sales are funneled straight into that prize pool, so the eventual winners of The International 2015 are going to have a rather large amount of cash waiting for them.