BioWare has confirmed that a PC patch for Dragon Age: Inquisition (Patch 2) is indeed expected at some point today. They’ve also sketched out a few plans for future updates (Patch 3) and said that people will be getting some free extras that didn’t quite make it in at launch.
To get the bad news for PC users out of the way first, full improvements to keyboard and mouse controls aren’t expected until the patch after this one; Patch 3. However, Patch 2 does list “Numerous control & UI fixes” under the PC-specific section, so players should at least see some changes.
Here are the patch notes for Dragon Age: Inquisition’s Patch 2:
- Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
- Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.
- Multiplayer – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.
- PC – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.
And here’s what BioWare add about the keyboard/mouse changes in Patch 2, as well as their plans to improve further in Patch 3:
Patch 2 includes the first range of fixes towards addressing the feedback we’ve received on the PC controls; it cleans things up so you’ll see fewer problems with the current layout. This gives us a more stable base upon which to work. After Patch 2 goes out, our next priority is to improve the PC mouse/keyboard controls further.
No specific mentions of the tactical camera there, which may be a concern.
In addition to all that, it sounds like Dragon Age: Inquisition will be getting a few additional features (for free) that didn’t make it into the launch build. Here’s BioWare again: “There were some things the team wanted to get in at launch, but we just ran out of time. We’ll be creating these new features and content and adding them into your game over time because we love our DAI players. Multiplayer will also be receiving regular content updates.”
All of which is too late to have any baring on our review, which went up yesterday.
- Fixed case where game would incorrectly think the player has more than one race/class/gender
- Fixed case where users who changed their voice off of default, would have their voice set back to default when interacting with Hawke’s chargen settings.
- Increased duration that search highlights things, and added highlighted items to radar while they are highlighted.
- Fixed several conversation lines which would take a very long time to advance to the next line unless they were manually skipped.
- Fixed case where followers could float above the ground after extended periods of play
- [PC] Fixed some hitching in conversations.
- [PC] Pressing the interact key (default “F”) will take everything from containers.
- [PC] Hair should be less shiny on lower quality settings.
- [PC] Added ability to rotate character models with the mouse in UI’s that show character models
- [PC] Added an option to enable / disable tactical camera on mouse wheel scroll out.
- [PC] Hiding the HUD on the PC will now hide all UI elements
- [PC] Fixed being able to drag abilities from a tree that was not selected onto the quickbar
- [PC] Fixed being able to toggle UI state for the tactical camera on the quickbar when the tactical camera is unusable
- [PC] Fixed case where clicking quickbar elements in Eyefinity would trigger attacks
- [PC] fixed case where extra mouse-up events were triggering in UIs
- [PC] Fixed issue where mouse-up events were missed when dragging off of UI elements and then releasing the mouse button
- [PC] Fixed loading Icon not animating while Mantle creates shaders during load screens.
- [PC] Fixed mouse cursor flashing while targeting AOEs
- [PC] Fixed situation that could result in a hang on the start menu.
- [PC] Fixed situation where war table could become non-interactive until users right clicked on it.
- [PC] Fixed situation which could cause mouse-look to snap to a facing rather than turning smoothly
- [PC] Holding right click and pressing the camera turn buttons in tactical camera will cause the cursor to strafe in the same manner the camera behaves outside tactical camera
- [PC] Made some changes that should improve Mantle performance
- [PC] quickbar indicator for pause state should no longer remain highlighted when game is not paused
- [PS3] Increased number of save slots to 30
- [PS4] Improved conversation performance during fast install
- [PS4] Increased number of save slots to 50
-  Fixed case where movies sometimes decoded incorrectly
-  Fixed Crash when selecting storage device when select storage device warning is present
-  Fixed the online connection error being displayed twice when attempting to login to Origin with no Xbox live connection.
- Assorted stability improvements
- Fixed crash that could occur after some conversations
- Certain boss creatures are now immune to Disruption Field
- Creatures in rag doll will now pause when the game is paused
- Fix to Spirit Blade so it longer triggers combos
- Fixed a couple focus abilities to be weapon agnostic
- Fixed a few DA Keep world state import reactivity checks.
- Fixed a few situations that could result in there being no conversation selection indicator during conversations
- Fixed an issue caused by changing characters at the same as targeting an AOE ability
- Fixed Audio cutting out when using AOE abilities while radial menu is open.
- Fixed being unable to finish quest “Safe Keeping” if the user places key fragments in the forger, then leaves the zone without getting the finished key.
- Fixed camera shaking when making small camera adjustments during character creation
- Fixed case where blizzard would pause the game when it turns off
- Fixed case where controller rumble would get permanently disabled
- Fixed case where Imshael could end up in a location where players could not fight him.
- Fixed case where interaction text would not update in tactical camera
- Fixed case where mana or stamina was incorrectly displayed on mounted character’s portraits
- Fixed case where users could get stuck loading a save in a certain dragon combat area
- Fixed case where users could get stuck on an infinite “Connecting to Dragon Age Servers”
- Fixed Crippling Blows to have a 15% damage bonus instead of .15%
- Fixed Cullen’s hair having some strange shadows during cinematics
- Fixed exploit that would allow bypassing ability cool-downs in certain circumstances
- Fixed exploit that would allow users to take no damage.
- Fixed issue where orders to interact with trebuchets made in tactical mode were un-interruptable.
- Fixed issue where user loses control of the party if he enters tactical camera at the same time as a cinematic triggers
- Fixed issue which could cause potion counts to be reset due to party member changes.
- Fixed issue which could result in an infinite “Connecting to Dragon Age Servers” on the main menu.
- Fixed issue which could result in the Radial menu not staying open
- Fixed issue which could result in the screen re-sizing UI to stop working until exiting and re-entering the screen re-sizing UI.
- Fixed scripted autosave in the western approach which was made which if loaded could result in certain NPCs to not show up until after leaving the area and coming back.
- Fixed situation where followers could get stuck while pathfinding to the player.
- Fixed some of the collectible books being non-interactive in Skyhold
- Fixed slot types on several crafted items
- Fixed some item names getting cut off in stores
- Fixed weapon type on several crafted weapon parts.
- Ground rings scale on Dragons in Tactical Camera
- Radar will be shown during radar tutorial, even if the UI is set to be hidden
- Radar will show way points immediately after coming out of UIs, no longer requires player to move first.
- Target lock is cleared when entering tactical mode.
- Unified sort order for stat listings during item modification
- [PC] Improved push-to-talk functionality when using keyboard and mouse
- Fixed issue which could result in negative XP being granted in some multiplayer matches
- Fixed crash that could occur while switching characters in some multiplayer menus
- Cursed chests in multiplayer no longer look different from un-cursed ones
- Fixed some missing information on end of match screens when servers are slow in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Players losing their ability to target when dying while recovering object in multiplayer
- Fixed situation where host migration after end of match would fail to show end of match details for the remaining players
- Fixed issue with players being interrupted while interacting with objects in Multiplayer
- Fixed issue where host can be returned to an empty lobby after quitting out of a match while in the operation failed state
- Improved appearance of ledge drop-downs in multiplayer.
- Fixed case which could cause keys to not drop in Multiplayer
- Fixed case in Multiplayer where players could attempt to use abilities while dead.