Square Enix has announced that Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age will be released on Steam on 4 September.
The Dragon Quest series from creator Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama and composer Koichi Sugiyama will take players on a perilous journey of a hunted Hero who must uncover the mystery of his fate with the help of a cast of supporting characters.
This latest release promises “finely tuned turn-based combat and an immersive story that will appeal to fans and newcomers alike”. Players can expect plenty of side quests, mini-games, and over 100 hours of gameplay according to the devs.
A list of enhancements have also been listed that did not appear in the Japanese version of the game. These include:
- English Voiceover – to bring the charismatic cast of characters to life
- Draconian Quest – a hard mode that offers additional challenges for more experienced players
- Overhauled Menus & UI – with graphical enhancements and more intuitive navigation
- Camera Mode – allowing players to take in views of the beautiful landscape, character renders and ferocious monsters in detail
- A new dash function and many other system enhancements such as improved character and camera movement
A Steam page is expected to go live shortly for pre-orders.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.