Duke Nukem is back and we’ll just forget Duke Nukem Forever ever happened. Duke returns in the Duke Nukem 3D Anniversary Edition and Gearbox has revealed the first details at PAX.
This new release will come with a new episode with right new levels created by the original Duke Nukem 3D designers Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray. Players will also have the choice of playing with the upgraded visuals or the original 1996 graphics. The new version utilises Gearbox’ True3D Rendering mode for fast framerates.
This version will also include new lines from the one and only voice of Duke, actor Jon St. John, and new music from Lee Jackson.
Duke Nukem 3D Anniversary Edition will release on 11 October on Steam costing $19.99. It’s worth a look if you missed out on the original which was brilliant at the time and can be considered a classic.
Duke Nukem 3D Anniversary Edition World Tou features
Blast your way through hordes of ugly aliens in four classic Duke Nukem 3D episodes plus an additional all new fifth episode from the game’s original episode designers with new music from the game’s original composer and new Duke Talk from the original voice of Duke Nukem!
- ALL-NEW Episode FIVE, created by the original episode designers, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray!
- New, bonus content in Episode 5: Duke Nukem finally gets an INCINERATOR to roast new “Firefly” enemies!
- New “Duke Talk” plus high-fidelity re-recordings from Duke Nukem’s original voice actor, Jon St. John!
- New musical score for Episode 5 created by Duke’s theme song author and original game composer, Lee Jackson!
- Original 1996 source code and “2.5D” engine re-mastered in True 3D for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Windows 10!
Duke’s alien annihilation goes global in the all-new fifth episode, Alien World Order! Take down legions of alien scum, including new Firefly enemies, across 8 brand new levels from the game’s original episode designers.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.