If you’ve made it to Mount Gelmir and Volcano Manor by traversing the campsites along the peaks, then congratulations. However, you’ve probably seen another castle situated below the cliffs. As far as I can tell, there’s no way to get here via the Legacy Dungeon (believe me, I’ve tried falling and dying everywhere). So, we’ll have to find another route. Here’s our Elden Ring guide to help you reach Fort Laiedd and the western section of Mount Gelmir.
Note: For more information, check out our Elden Ring guides and features hub.
Elden Ring guide – How to reach Fort Laiedd and the western section of Mount Gelmir
The western section of Mount Gelmir in Elden Ring is below the towering cliffs where Volcano Manor is. If you want to get there, you can try heading to Altus Plateau. To be clear, while other paths can be taken, I originally arrived at Altus Plateau via the Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
Upon exiting that dungeon, you’ll be at a field with the Abandoned Coffin Site of Grace. Follow the sloping path while using the giant Erdtree in Leyndell as a point of reference. Soon, Ancient Dragon Lansseax will swoop in. It’s an optional boss so you don’t need to fight it.
Past that dragon, you’ll see the next section with the Erdtree Grazing Hill Site of Grace. From there, climb the rocky crag with a pointing statue until you aggro the Tibia Mariner. It’s another optional boss, so you’re free to ignore it.
The important thing is to get to the western edge of Wyndham Ruins. Here, you’ll see a ravine and a river that flows north.
The ravine will wind north, west, then south. Here are some interesting tidbits:
- Burning Geysers – Steam will erupt from the ground here, so make sure to avoid the geysers and vents while mounted on Torrent.
- Ash of War: Barrage – Whack the Dung Beetle close to the starting point of the river in the ravine.
- Site of Grace: Seethewater River – Continue along the ravine until you see it.
- Dungeon: Seethewater Cave – This is an Imp Statue dungeon straight ahead as you’re following the path.
- Site of Grace: Seethewater Terminus and Fort Laiedd – The end of the path has another bonfire and in front of that is Fort Laiedd.
Past Fort Laiedd in Elden Ring, you’ll find more stuff:
- Boss: Magma Wyrm – The Magma Wyrm will emerge from the lava flows near Fort Laiedd. You don’t need to fight it as it’s also an optional boss.
- Landmark: Hermit’s Shack – There’s a damaged statue here. If you advance further, a Runebear will jump down and chase you. Let it hit the statue so you can pick up several Smithing Stones.
- Sorcery: Roiling Magma – You can pick this up from inside one of the huts.
Keep going east while following the loop to discover the following:
- Site of Grace: Craftsman’s Shack and Pulley Crossbow – You can pick up this weapon next to the bonfire.
- Prattling Pete “You’re beautiful” and Hierodas Glintstone Crown – Grab these as you’re making your way through the Hermit Village.
- Boss: Demi-Human Queen Maggie – The Demi-Human boss is surrounded by three Glintstone Sorcerers.
- Site of Grace: Primeval Sorcerer Azul and Sorcery: Comet Azur – If you run past the boss, you’ll see another bonfire. Beside it is a mummified wizard that has the spell. These might be very important to our old friend Sorceress Sellen in Limgrave. It allows you to help her with a personal quest involving Azur and Lusat.
In any case, these are the important stuff that I’ve found while exploring Fort Laiedd and the western part of Mount Gelmir in Elden Ring. Don’t forget to head to Volcano Manor so you can begin the invader missions there.