Nokstella Eternal City is another secret area in Elden Ring. It’s also partially connected to Ainsel River Well, another underground location that you can explore. Here’s our Elden Ring guide to help you reach Nokstella Eternal City.
Note: For more information, check out our Elden Ring guides and features hub.
Elden Ring guide – How to reach Nokstella Eternal City
Nokstella Eternal City in Elden Ring is going to be a doozy to explore. To gain access to it, you have to meet these requirements:
- Make your way to Caria Manor and defeat Royal Knight Loretta.
- You’ll be able to head to Three Sisters/Ranni’s Rise. Ranni the Witch might allow you to serve her if you’ve already done these:
- You’ve defeated Rennala Queen of the Full Moon in Raya Lucaria Academy and Starscourge Radahn in Caelid.
- You also have access to a secret region called Nokron Eternal City.
- You may or may not need the Black Knifeprint from Black Knife Catacombs. To be clear, I already had it in my inventory, but none of the NPCs commented about it (I was already at a more advanced stage of the campaign).
- If you’re serving Ranni, that means her personal quest is active. You can then go to Night’s Sacred Ground in Nokron Eternal City. There, you’ll pick up the Fingerslaying Blade.
- Ranni will hand over the Carian Inverted Statue. This allows you to turn the entirety of Carian Study Hall upside down.
- At the very bottom, you’ll fight the Godskin Noble boss and, upon climbing the Divine Tower of Liurnia, you’ll acquire the Cursemark of Death key item.
With all of the above completed, you can return to Ranni’s Rise to find that she’s no longer there. Next, go to Renna’s Rise, which should be accessible now.
You can pick up the Snow Witch armor set while going up the steps. And, in Renna’s chamber, you’ll find a teleporter.
Use the device to get transported to a section of Ainsel River Well (a part that you wouldn’t be able to reach normally). Pick up the Miniature Ranni doll, too.
Note: The Miniature Ranni doll is integral if you want to open the treasure chest next to Rennala Queen of the Full Moon.
Continue along the path and watch out for enemies. Ahead of you, there’s a Rockslinger Demon. Just snipe it from afar and use the walls for cover.
Go through the passageway underneath it and battle some Giant Ants. The path will then split into two. If you go straight, you’ll see the open area where the other Rockslinger Demon is. Kill it and open the chest to get the Wing of Astel weapon (just don’t fall down).
If you go to the right, the tunnel will take you to Nokstella Eternal City in Elden Ring. This secret area is massive, akin to a Legacy Dungeon in its own right.