Today is the day Elite: Dangerous expands for beta testers which also means it’s slightly cheaper to play.
Gamer who weren’t willing to empty their wallets and pay a premium for alpha and early beta access might be tempted today as the “standard beta” has now launched which means all the tasty content that was locked away is now available to more players.
Today’s launch also brings a new launcher which needs to be downloaded by testers as well as new game updates and features. The patch notes that have been released are massive but there is a list of new content and features listed below.
This testing phase also brings a new trailer packed with action and this video may just have you pulling out that £50.
- – Added Viper
- – Added Imperial Fighter (AI only)
- – Added Lakon Type 6
- – Added text chat
- – Added voice comms
- – Added missions
- – Added fuel consumption
- – Expanded playable bubble to 21 ly radius (@50 systems)
- – Add support for friends management
- – Allow matchmaking through jump to specific island
- – Supercruise supports multiplayer
- – Add RandomEvents to the current interdiction functionality. Random locations will now be spawned in front of the player while in supercruise
- – For new bounties & fines, adding a “Local Security Office” to the contacts menu
- – Added server moderated bounties vouchers
- – Docking computer added
- – Added trade route visualisation to galaxy map
- – Add system connections based on fuel to galaxy map
- – Added new paintjobs
- – Gas giant features dervived from stellar forge data
- – Chaff launcher stops scans and confuses tracking weapons but doesn’t effect missiles
- – Added new station variants
- – Updated trade commodities
- – Smuggler AI behaviours added
- – Art updates for Orbis station
- – Latest audio updates and balance pass
- – Hauler art tweaks/updates
- – Added new pilot animations
- – Large Plasma Accelerator added
- – Eagle art updates
- – Added ‘rich’ station interior variant
- – Added support for much larger accessible bubbles
- – Fix up the last of the unsafe GOH use in ShipComponents
- – Updated Sidewinder ship art
- – Added beacons and associated traffic
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.