This information is a little premature because SteamVR isn’t here yet but Elite Dangerous is one of the few games that functions brilliantly in VR.
When the Horizons expansion beta concludes, Frontier will will be releasing a free update to all Elite Dangerous players that will add SteamVR support. Beta SteamVR support is already active in the Horizons beta if you have the hardware to try it.
The hardware requirements to utilise SteamVR in Elite Dangerous and the Horizons expansion are not exactly low, a reasonably decent rig is required.
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core CPU or better / AMD FX 4350 Quad Core CPU or better
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 980 with 4GB or better
- Network: Broadband Internet Connection
- Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.