Frontier kick the v1.04 update onto the servers today and tease upcoming content plans.
They’ve been teasing this patch all week and it’s now on the servers so players can upgrade their copy of Elite Dangerous now which includes the Kepler 438 b and 442 b additions.
In related news, Frontier continue to tease players about future content saying they are “working on what’s coming up” and the plans for releases are being “finalised now”. Once again they mention the addition of Wings which should be coming soon along with additional ships.
With the game doing rather well, Frontier are also expanding the development team to make sure there are regular updates to the game as they continue work on “paid expansions”.
Players should also note that Frontier will be running beta tests for major content updates. This access will be open to players who have beta access to the game. More details on these tests will be revealed in the weeks ahead.
The v1.04 notes are as follows:
- If a station somehow loses it’s parent then move it to another body so players at that station can load
- Prevent inconsistencies between client and server in which parts of a sector are and are not occupied
- Some fixes to meta-data that were being disguised by an issue with inconsistent generation
- When deciding if we should go hostile to a faction we just shot, consider whether the target has a local bounty rather than a bounty with their own faction. Prevent people being attacked by the police after attack nearby wanted targets
- Fix only the first consequence being applied to the universe state when completing a mission
- Set killer before we do ship death – fixes problem with players not getting bounties or reputation when they kill other players by breaking critical modules
- Reduce likelihood of server disconnects from stellar forge server queries
- Fix mouse control if galaxy map opened with key binding when in outfitting
- Updated exoplanets Kepler 438 b and 442 b
- Add produced by and consumbed by information to all trade goods (except rares)
- Telemetry added to try and figure out why some machines are failing to load resource files
- Remove the terraforming data for Pareco system causing an assert
- Fix packet loss statistics
- Use the correct absolute magnitude in bolometric luminosity calculations
- Various text fixes
- Reputation fixes for delivery and massacre missions
- Fix influence issues in assassination, massacre and delivery missions
- Fix altruism slave mission influence
- There should be an improvement in matchmaking that should mean you are more likely to see other players if they are in the same region of space as you.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.