Witch’s Thicket: Dark Witch Eleine
You can reach the Witch’s Thicket area by taking the bottom-right exit in the Crossroads.
There are a couple of minibosses here:
- Fungal Sorcerer (poison mist) – Dryad Lake -> right -> up.
- Floral Sorceress (tornado) – Witch’s Hermitage -> doorway at the right -> appears as the bottom-right room on the map. You’ll find the miniboss at the lower-left corner of this room.
I advise getting both of these since they can be pretty helpful when dealing with the zone’s actual boss.
Speaking of the devil, well, Dark Witch Eleine can be considered as the toughest boss fight in Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights’ Early Access phase. She makes Guardian Sigrid and Gerrod look like total chumps. She has the following abilities:
- Fireball – This one’s fairly easy to avoid.
- Fireball Barrage – You need to keep dodging this series of projectiles.
- Tornado – She only casts this when you get too close.
- Fireball Swarm – This is cast once you drop her below 50% health. You have to find a gap between these projectiles as they float toward you.
Rewards: Dark Witch Eleine’s spirit skill lets you blast enemies with fireballs. It has 70 uses at the start, making it quite viable for future battles. Likewise, you’ll receive the Witch’s Bubble perk. This allows you to swim underwater to reach new areas. Try to check out some of the places you’ve seen bodies of water and maybe you’ll discover relics and other items.
Anyway, my suggestion would be to go back to Cliffside Hamlet – Collapsed Shack respite. Go right and you’ll find a couple of pustulant floors in the next area. The first one requires some acrobatics (or mobility skills from other bosses) before it can be destroyed. Meanwhile, the second one (it’s further away as you traverse the area) can quickly get crushed by Gerrod’s ground smash.
Go down and pull the lever to remove the barricade. Next, go back to the Collapsed Shack -> go left -> go down -> go right. You’ll discover a pool here and you can swim to the right since the barricade’s gone. Eventually, you’ll reach the Bottom of the Well respite. We’ll talk about the next part of Lily’s adventure in our Catacombs guide.