Spirit skills in Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights
Let’s talk about the spirit skills in Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights.
- Umbral Knight – This is the first spirit skill you obtain in Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights. You get this automatically since the Umbral Knight is Lily’s protector. This allows you to do quick slashes with a sword.
- Guardian Sigrid – Obtained after defeating the first boss in the game. Does spinning strikes with a flailing hammer. The boss also grants the Guardian’s Leap double jump.
- Cliffside Hamlet Youth – You’ll find this miniboss after exiting the chapel. This lets you throw a grub that deals damage when it lands.
- Chief Guardian – You can reach this miniboss by climbing the wall at the left side of the Cathedral Cloister room (requires Bloody Knight’s Claws). This skill throws a spinning blade at enemies.
- Western Merchant – Found two rooms from the northern exit of the Collapsed Shack respite. This summons a crow that shoots fireballs.
- Headless Defender – The bottom-left exit of the Bridgehead respite. This lets you use a shield to block attacks.
- Gerrod, the Elder Warrior – Obtained after defeating the Cliffside Hamlet’s main boss. This lets you swing a massive hammer that deals high damage. The boss also grants you the Giant’s Hammer ability, allowing you to break pustulant floor barriers by jumping and pressing down + the “X” button on your gamepad. Just remember that some floors won’t break unless you drop from a greater height.
- Cliffside Hamlet Elder – Upper-left Bridgehead exit, then take the northern exit (requires Executioner’s Hook). This spawns a giant mob that bellyflops on enemies.
- Fungal Sorcerer – From the Dryad Lake respite, take the right side exit, then take the upper exit. This spawns a poisonous mist that lingers for a few seconds.
- Floral Sorceress – From the Witch’s Hermitage, enter the doorway to the right. You’ll appear at the bottom-right room on the map. You’ll find the miniboss at the lower-left corner of this room. This skill lets you cast a tornado that hits multiple times.
- Dark Witch Eleine – The main boss of this zone casts fireballs. The boss also grants the Witch’s Bubble perk, allowing you to swim underwater.
- Elder Crypt Keeper – From the Charnel respite, go left. This skill shoots projectiles that damage and temporarily trap enemies.
- Fallen Archer – Fires several arrows diagonally. Unfortunately, I forgot the exact spot where I found this one, but it’s definitely in the Catacombs.
- Guardian Silva – The Catacombs boss lets you attack with a hammer that can be charged up. You’ll also obtain two important perks: the Last Rites (fills up the SP bar to cast a skill’s ultimate move), and the Guardian’s Wings (this dash replaces your regular dodge, and it can also be done in mid-air or while swimming).
- Hidden Test Subject – From the Aqueduct respite, go to the room to the right, then take the upper-right exit on the second floor. This lets you pop a shield that automatically does a counter-attack after a well-timed block.
- Dark Executioner – From the Execution Grounds respite, go to the previous room to your left. Take the upper-right exit. This summons a specter that attacks your opponent from behind. It can be used effectively against shielded mobs, but targeting can be iffy if there are multiple hostiles.
- Hoenir, Keeper of the Abyss – The main boss of this zone can rapidly shoot multiple blades. You’ll also gain the Executioner’s Hook perk, allowing you to grapple to reach new areas as long as there are hook points nearby. You can press the left trigger button (LT) to use this.
- Fallen Sentinel – From the Bastion Gates respite, use the Executioner’s Hook to reach the upper-left exit. Then, in this room, continue using the Executioner’s Hook to get to the higher ledge. The upper-left exit here also takes you to the Ruined Keep zone. Anyway, this skill makes a gargoyle dash forward to hit opponents.
- Castle Town Maiden – You can either keep going left/lower-left from the Guest House respite, or reach the Maelstrom Ramparts respite and jump down. You’ll reach an area that looks like a castle’s outer courtyard (the path even connects to where you fought Gerrod earlier). In any case, this skill makes a dog appear. It’ll periodically pounce on enemies.
- Knight Captain Julius – This is the main boss of the Ruined Keep. You can keep pressing the skill to continuously stab enemies with a lance. You’ll also gain the Knight’s Dash and Piercing Spectral Lance perks. This speeds up your dash move and, if you dash for prolonged periods, you’ll gain more momentum. Once you press the “X” button on your gamepad, Knight Captain Julius will lunge and destroy pustulant walls.
- One-Eyed Royal Aegis – From the tower alcove, use the hook points (Executioner’s Hook) and climb on the wall (requires Bloody Knight’s Claws). This spawns a large knight with a greatsword that can launch nearby enemies into the air.
- Forsaken Fellwyrm – This miniboss is found in the room to the right of the Monument of the Wind respite. It’s at the bottom-left corner of the area, and you need to break open the pustulant wall with the Piercing Spectral Lance.
- Ulv, the Mad Knight – The main boss of the Twin Spires zone does Wolverine-esque slashes. You’ll also obtain the Bloody Knight’s Claws perk. Basically, it lets you wall climb.
- Incompetent Sinner – The room to the left of Subterranean Lab B4. This miniboss is swimming deep in the Blighted waters. Anyway, the skill has this mob grabbing Lily and darting forward to propel them both further ahead.
- Miriel, the Beloved – This gigantic boss doesn’t actually grant a skill. Instead, if you head to the next room, you’ll encounter the corpse of the scientist, Faden. This skill does a wind-up before unleashing three fireballs that can blast enemies away. Faden also grants you the ability to open the locked doors that you’ve seen throughout your adventure in Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights.
- Verboten Champion – For this one, you can go to Subterranean Lab B1 -> down -> right. Alternatively, pick Subterranean Lab B2 -> left -> up. The miniboss is on the left side of this room and you need to unlock a door to get to it. Once you defeat it, you’ll gain a skill that does an uppercut. This is actually very useful especially if you need to reach higher ledges.
All right, since we’ve talked about all the spirit skills in Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights, we gotta discuss which ones are worthwhile. Let’s go to the next part of our guide.