If you fancy spending your holiday playing Endless Space or Endless Legend, some new free content will make it a bit more special. Or, y’know, if you’re not in America and just want to play those games again.
Endless Legend is getting Visions of the Unseen, adding a new minor faction – the community-chosen Eyeless One – plus 10 new side-quests, and “more than 10 significant enhancements, adjustments and improvements.” Endless Space Disharmony, on the other hand, is getting Chronicles of the Lost. This chucks in eight new Exploration Random Events, 24 Colonization Random Events, The Vaulters introduction, a global AI governor, the ability for the AI to start with a custom faction, and more. Which means very little to me, but there you are.
Basically, it sounds like both games have gotten a patch to fix a number of issues, and there are some new events and minor factions and the like lumped in too. Not bad at all!
The full details of what’s in each are below.
Endless Legend: Visions of the Unseen
- Minor faction: Eyeless One
- The Vaulters main menu scene
- 10 new side-quests
- Visual enhancement of Quest Weapons and Minor Villages
- Faction-based diplomatic answers
- Advanced world generation options
- Better AI for Empire Plan, Retrofit, and Military Assets
- New Marketplace rules (stock management)
- Better balancing between Auto and Manual battles
- General balancing of unit stats, unit abilities, and city improvements
- Battle UI improvements
- Add more data to the save files
Endless Space Disharmony: Chronicles of the Lost
- 8 Exploration random events
- 24 Colonization random events
- The Vaulters introduction video
- 20 hero illustrations
- Global AI governor
- Ability to mod in-game graphics such as loading screens
- Construction Queue improvement
- Military AI upgrade (Retreat issue / End-game ship spamming)
- The AI can now start the game with a custom faction
- The German translation has been upgraded