The conquest of South America and Central America awaits strategy fans.
Paradox continue their Europa Universalis IV expansion run with the new El Dorado update. The main new feature added is a Nation Designer giving players the opportunity to customise their starting nation in a campaign. Whether it be neighbouring provinces, culture or leaders, all can be tweaked which will offer more re playability.
The press blurb the expansion sets the scene stating that “As the Aztecs, subject the Mexican plain to your rule but make sure you have enough vassal kings to sacrifice to your angry gods. As the Europeans, push deeper into the jungles of the Amazon, following rumors of lost cities and magical fountains.”
Feature being touted for the expansion include:
- A deep Nation Designer gives you new starting options for your games, including national ideas and custom monarchs
- Experience the new Nahuatl, Inti and Mayan religions with blood sacrifices or Sun Worship
- Send your conquistadors to hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold, or your explorer on exploration missions around the world
- Gold Fleets can traffic New World wealth back to Europe, and be targeted by your privateer fleets
- Use your trade fleets to hunt dangerous pirates
- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas