Time to update your copy of Fallout 4 as improvements come the wasteland in the v1.2 patch for the PC ahead if its console release.
This update brings the expected performance updates we saw in the beta patch along with the ability to remap the number keys.
This patch notes are as follows:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with “When Freedom Calls” where the quest would not complete
- During “Confidence Man” fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)
The patch update will break mods but there is a workaround as posted on Reddit.
1) Open Nexus Mod Manager
2) Launch your game, wait in the launcher before starting the game.
3) Renable the mods using Nexus Mod Manager
4) Click play
Alternatively, you can enable your mods then set C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt to readonly.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.