Far Cry 3 hits the shops in Europe tomorrow and a “critical patch” has been released for the PC which addresses all aspects of the game including single player performance, map editor tweaks, voice chat and lobby issues in multiplayer.
We have experienced some crashing issues in our PC review build so hopefully these fixes will resolve those.
Related to this article
Patch 1.01 for Far Cry 3 on PC is a critical update that needs to be installed in order to run the game. The install is automatically triggered upon Uplay PC client restart or installation. If your Far Cry 3 PC game crashes upon launch, please restart the Uplay PC client and try again. If you are still encountering issues, follow the process below:
- Download the patch here.
- Run the downloaded executable on your computer and follow the update process.
- Boot you game from Uplay PC as usual.
If you still run into issues running the game after this, please get in touch with our customer support at http://support.ubi.com
Here’s what the patch fixes:
- Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance.
- Added SHOW TOP, SHOW YOU, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN options in Leaderboards.
- Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default.
- Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected
- Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hints.
- Fixed the issue that would prevent maps from being displayed or randomized the first time a user enters Public Co-op.
- Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality.
- “Flare gun” kills are no longer considered as Assist kills.
- Fixed ground texture resolution.
- Grass surrounding fire spawns no longer remain red on Firestorm maps.
- Improved white objects thumbnails legibility.
- Users can now start a private match in 1 player on user created maps.
- Improved game stability and performance.
- Fixed issues with flickering on specific water textures.
- Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions.
- “Weapon cache” mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion.
- Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category
- Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.