Pagan Min has several toys that he can play with. However, before you can access these, you’ll first need to head to specific locations and complete challenges. Here’s our Far Cry 6 Pagan: Control DLC guide to help you with Armory challenges, weapons, mods, and gadgets.
Far Cry 6 Pagan: Control – Best Armory weapons, mods, and gadgets guide
Below, you can see the Armory weapon challenges in the Far Cry 6 Pagan: Control DLC:
The goal in these activities is simple: interact with the ornate chest and eliminate a certain number of enemies that will spawn in the area. Depending on the weapon that you’re trying to unlock, the tally can be fairly low (i.e., the bow requires around eight kills) or ridiculously high (i.e., the grenade launcher requires over 20 kills). You need to be careful as well because some mobs have that specific weapon type equipped.
Once all foes have been defeated, interact with the chest again. The weapon case will be saved permanently to your profile. You won’t need to redo the challenge in future runs, but you have to amass enough Respect (i.e., cash) to buy the item in the Armory. Here are the weapons that you can find in the Far Cry 6 Pagan: Control DLC:
- Primary slot:
- SMG – MP34
- Shotgun – KSG
- Rifle – SSGP-58
- Secondary slot:
- Pistol – M9 (automatically available)
- Auto-pistol – GP13 Auto
- Specialist slot:
- Sniper Rifle – SR-A
- Light Machine Gun – MG21 (it’s possible to see the Fond Memory LMG in subsequent retries)
- Grenade Launcher – M-79
Armory weapon upgrades, rerolling mods, and selecting gadgets
By default, the Armory weapon cases in Far Cry 6 Pagan: Control have common rarity. You need to spend Respect to upgrade these, allowing for additional mod sockets. You can then reroll those mod combinations, though the cost will increase if you do it too many times.
If you’re happy with the mod combination, you can buy that type of weapon. The only ways you can reroll mods again are (a) you upgrade the weapon case further or (b) you exit and reload the game. The latter will restart all mission progress, so try to avoid doing this if you’re already completed some main missions.
Note 1: Gadgets, too, follow a similar reroll mechanic. But, you do need to unlock those slots via Mirror traits. From there, you can open the Armory panel and pick the gadgets that you want to reroll (i.e., change your Frag Grenade to a Molotov Cocktail).
Note 2: You can farm Respect currency by replaying the Contemporary Art Statue Trials and selling the Still Standing power.
Best Armory weapons in Far Cry 6 Pagan: Control
- M9 Pistol – The M9 is automatically available at the start. You can spend cash to upgrade its case, but buying it (even with mods) will be completely free. I would suggest getting a combination of armor-piercing rounds and a silencer so you can make quick work of baddies. You can also pick Temporary Powers that increase pistol damage and silenced weapon damage.
- MG21 – There will be lots of encounters where you’re up against dozens of soldiers. The MG21 helps whittle down packs of hostiles with ease. I would suggest getting blast rounds here.
- KSG – For the primary slot, you could go with whatever you’re comfortable with. Still, my personal pick is the KSG shotgun for instant kills at close range.