The main mission in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity is called Citra’s Warrior, which entails finding fragments of the Silver Dragon Blade. To reach the dungeon-like areas and claim these items, just follow the blood-red pathways — the northeastern path actually leads to Citra’s Temple. Here’s our Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity DLC guide to help you with Birthright, the Citra’s Temple mission that rewards a piece of the Silver Dragon Blade.
Note: For more information, check out our Far Cry 6 guides and features hub. You can also take a look at the full world map and other points of interest. Lastly, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity – Birthright guide (Citra’s Temple Silver Dragon Blade piece)
I’d definitely advise you to do the Citra’s Temple or Birthright mission last in the Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity DLC. The Prison/You Hit the Ground can be cheesed, and even The Volcano/Radio Play is still easy. As for Citra’s Temple/Birthright, it’s quite tough. In fact, assuming it’s the last task you have in your run, you might want to look at your checklist:
- Do you already have all the weapons from Armory Challenges, and have you upgraded them/acquired good mods? Ideally, you’ll want the SBS shotgun or .308 Carbine sniper rifle since they pack a punch.
- Have you acquired decent mirror traits/perks to help with survivability and healing?
- What temporary Powers do you have equipped? Do you have anything that can boost your cash rewards?
- Do you have a Still Standing/extra life Power from Citra’s Trials?
- Did you unlock the Wingsuit just in case?
The Citra boss fight in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity
I’ll explain later why those tools/boosts are important. In any case, once you reach Citra’s Temple, you’ll see a couple of vision collectibles (i.e., Rebel and Scripts). When you go to the altar, you’ll face off against Vaas’ sister, Citra Talugmai.
To beat Citra in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity, you’ll first need to take note of the mechanics:
- Her full health bar has five segments.
- After taking a chunk out of her HP, there will be a transition phase where you need to go to another area in the temple. There are additional vision collectibles that you can watch along the way.
- Citra will periodically summon mobs, too, and there are environmental hazards to watch out for in later phases.
- Every room that you fight in will have several chests. Do not open these yet just to get cash. You’ll only want to open them if you need the extra health syringes, or once you trigger the next transition phase/have to go to a new area.
Anyway, phase one (i.e., the first health segment) of the Citra boss fight in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity is fairly straightforward. Just whittle down Citra’s HP and take out the mobs that spawn. The second phase (i.e., the next two health segments) is similar, but you need to avoid the meteors that come crashing down at certain intervals.
The third phase (i.e., the last two health segments) is more hectic, but also hilarious. Citra will transform into her tiger aspect — hurray for cats! Likewise, she’ll summon a couple of crocodiles and panthers to help her out. It’s imperative that you stay on the move. If Citra or any wild animal does their grab attack, Vaas will be helpless while he’s getting chewed by other beasts. Try to use explosives like Frag Grenades and Pipe Bombs to blast several enemies at the same time.
Once Citra has only a sliver of health left, she’ll turn back into her human form. A takedown prompt also appears. It doesn’t seem like you can ignore this indefinitely, so just eliminate her. She’ll drop a Still Standing Power, and a cutscene will play. You’ll get the Temptress vision collectible, too.
That’s it, you’ve defeated Citra and completed the Birthright mission in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity. Assuming that this is the last area that you went to, then you’ll have all three Silver Dragon Blade pieces as well.
Back to where we started
But, you’re not done yet. It’s time to return to the Compound. Vaas mind is completely breaking, and you don’t want to be caught in the collapsing destruction. If you have the Wingsuit, you can glide all the way to the Compound (just try not to hit any trees or you’ll die). There, you’ll have your last chance to prepare (i.e., weapons, powers, traits, and stuff that can carry over to your next run). Let’s talk about what you can expect in our finale onslaught and enemy waves guide.