EA has released a FIFA 15 patch, addressing some of the glitches and issues affecting the game. There are a couple of PC-specific additions to the patch notes, but nothing that would indicate the major stuttering issues have been addressed in any way. PC players are still struggling to get smooth frame-rates.
What has been addressed is the bizarre kick-off bug on PC that would cause all of your players to rush towards the center circle. Another PC issue concerning progression through the Virtual Pro menus has also apparently been put to rest.
In more general terms, FIFA 15 Ultimate Team should now have a latency indicator showing you the prospective connection speed of your next match-up (giving you the chance to back out if it’s terrible.) This, though, is more of a returning feature. It was in FIFA 14 and inexplicably omitted from 15 on release. The progress-preventing bug at the end of some Ultimate Team matches is said to have been fixed too.
Here’s the full changelog:
• Added the latency indicator to FIFA 15 Ultimate Team so fans can view health of connection before entering an online match.
• Improved set-piece cameras in Online Seasons for Guest players.
• Corrected home crowds in Match Day Live matches.
• Fixed occurrences where the player would be unable to progress at the end of a FUT match due to the post-match menus not appearing.
• Fix to hospitality upgrades in Career Mode and Pro Clubs.
• Addressed exploit where players could infinitely switch kick-takers on set-pieces
• Fixed occurrence where changes to the Subs and/or Reserves are not brought into Season matches
• Fixed issue where non-user controlled players run to the kick-off circle at the start of a match. (PC Only)
• Fixed occurrences where players couldn’t progress through the Virtual Pro creation. (PC only)
EA says its commitment to improving FIFA 15 is “ongoing,” so let’s hope that’s true and that there’ll be more concrete PC fixes and gameplay tweaks coming in future. I found quite a lot wrong with the PC version in the IncGamers review.Related to this article