If you own Final Fantasy XIV but have let your subscription slide, Square would like to tempt you back. The game has launched a free log-in period for lapsed subscribers today, which will run until 4 January 2018.
So, those who’ve previously purchased and registered Final Fantasy XIV, and whose service account has been inactive for at least 30 days, are eligible. The free period runs for four days (96 hours), beginning from the day you log in. It looks like the four day period will be concurrent, so you can’t (for example) spread your time out over a week or two.
A more detailed set of ‘rules’ can be found below.
Notes Regarding the Free Login Campaign
– The free login period begins after logging in via the game launcher using your Square Enix user name and password.
– Including the day on which you first log in, the free login period lasts approximately four days. For example, players who log in on December 2, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. can play free of charge until December 5, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
– Players who are logged in when their free login period expires will be forcibly logged out from the game.
– Players with multiple service accounts registered to a single Square Enix account cannot participate if at least one of the accounts is currently active.
– Service accounts that have been canceled or suspended due to a violation of the service agreement cannot participate.
– Players who purchase a subscription during their free login period will forfeit the remaining duration of said period.
– Players cannot log in using a platform on which their service accounts have not been registered.
– Players can log in using all platforms on which their service account has been registered.
– When attempting to participate in the free login campaign using a Square Enix account with multiple service accounts, the free login period will be valid only for the first service account selected upon logging in. Please note that you may be unable to participate in the free login campaign with more than one service account at a time. If you cannot log in using a second service account even after meeting all other requirements, we ask that you wait for the free login period to expire on your first service account and try again.