Fans of pro Overwatch have been waiting for further news on the Overwatch League and today Blizzard revealed the first seven teams. Five based it the US, one in South Korea and one in China.
Team owners include the following and below is a video update from
- Robert Kraft, Chairman and CEO of the Kraft Group and the New England Patriots (Boston)
- Jeff Wilpon, Co-Founder and Partner of Sterling.VC and COO of the New York Mets (New York)
- Noah Whinston, CEO of Immortals (Los Angeles)
- Ben Spoont, CEO and Co-Founder of Misfits Gaming (Miami-Orlando)
- Andy Miller, Chairman and Founder of NRG Esports (San Francisco)
- NetEase (Shanghai)
- Kevin Chou, Co-founder of Kabam (Seoul)
The Overwatch League is expected to start this year so let’s hope there’s plenty more teams coming it won’t be much of a league.
There’s a whole bunch of quotes from the team owners overly praising Overwatch and Blizzard but we’ll dispense with those and get on with the video.Related to this article