Sports Interactive have put out a quick hotfix for Football Manager 2017, addressing a few issues introduced by the Winter Transfer Update. Version 17.3.1 should automatically download itself on Steam. Try restarting if it doesn’t.
The announcement of the hotfix patch gives a nod of the head to the Football Manager 2017 community, saying thanking “those members … who have taken the time to raise these [issues] with us”.
It’s not a huge changelog, but it does deal with a couple of “rare crashes” and “slowdown during processing” on certain CPUs (it doesn’t mention which ones). The patch also stops a rare case of players going on holiday too early. Not ideal when you’re trying to win the league, really.
FOOTBALL MANAGER 2017 – UPDATE 17.3.1
– Fixed 2 very rare crashes on continue
– Fixed slowdown during processing for certain processors
– Fixed incorrect South American entrant to Club World Championship
– Fixed incorrect teams competing in Rio de Janeiro State Championship play-off final
– Fixed rare cases of players going on holiday too early