Those who’ve been having stability problems playing Football Manager 2017 may have them solved by the release of patch 17.1.2. The update is out now on Steam, and specifically addresses “rare” crashes.
It should also have fixed a problem with the game launching to a black screen if the DirectX installation is incomplete. In terms of gameplay and interface fixes for Football Manager 2017, the in-game calendar should no longer display the wrong month, and ‘Highlight key attribute for role’ should save correctly.
There’s also a bug fix for players not returning from loan when they should do. Here’s the change log for the new patch.
FOOTBALL MANAGER 17 – UPDATE 17.1.2
STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
– Fixed rare crashes during gameplay and shutdown
– Fixed game launching to black screen on Windows w/ incomplete DirectX installation
– Fixed match graphical corruption on Macs w/ integrated Intel HD 3000/4000 chipsets
– Fixed occasional lag on entering player profile screen
– Fixed calendar displaying wrong month
– Fixed storage of custom views
– Fixed saving of ‘Highlight key attribute for role’ preference
– Fixed Role Ability and RDS not displaying correctly for international teams
– Fixed rare case of player not returning from loan
– Fixed untranslated strings in social feed (all languages)