Just in time for some weekend tactical tinkering, Football Manager 2018 has been updated to version 18.2.1. It’s a 115mb patch, which should apply itself automatically on Steam. Quit and restart Steam if you need to prompt it.
Looks like this patch mostly addresses various crashes and freezes. The game freezing up during day-to-day processing is apparently fixed, as is a crash during match day after making tactical changes. Windows 32 systems should see improved graphics performance, and should no longer crash when launching the game.
In terms of gameplay, version 18.2.1 of Football Manager 2018 only brings a couple of alterations. Scouting costs have had a balance pass, and some league expectations have been added in Belgium. Here are the full notes.
Related to this article
STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
– Fixed crash/freeze during processing
– Fixed rare crash when joining online game
– Fixed rare crash when offering player contract
– Fixed Windows 32-bit crash on launch
– Improved graphics benchmarking for Windows 32-bit systems
– Fixed slowdown encountered when running custom data
– Fixed slowdown whilst editing attributes with IGE
– Fixed match freeze after tactical changes
– Fixed ‘Teams Are Warming Up’ dialog showing at incorrect time
– Fixed replay displaying at incorrect time
– Fixed missing flashing goal text in Commentary Only
– Fixed score inconsistency upon completion of network game match
– Fixed representation of player height in match
– Fixed invisible players on Mac OS X 10.9 NVIDIA systems
– Fixed instances of player names not appearing correctly within the match
– Balanced scouting costs within scouting range
– Fixed missing league expectations in Belgium