Epic has now launched their Fortnite and Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup event.
This latest event introduces Thanos from the movie to Battle Royale and we now know more about how this mod works thanks to the release of the patch notes. The preomise of the mode is to find the Infinity Gauntlet as soon as it drops onto the island then use its power to transform into Thanos which grants abilities. There are some changes to the storm circle to be aware of and loot spawns have also changes.
Stopping Thanos is not easy and even some quick building is unlikely to get you out of hot water because when he makes his leap and smashes back into the ground it causes some serious damage to structures. Here’s how it looks in-game and you’ll see how tough Thanos actually is. He may not be able to build but that really doesn’t matter.
The event details are below and the full patch notes can be found here.
Limited Time Mashup: Infinity Gauntlet
- Take down Thanos, equip the Gauntlet and claim Victory!
- Mashup Details
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
- Last player standing will be the victor!
- Thanos Details
- Ability 1 – A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 – Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 – Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 – A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
- Storm + Map
- Maximum match length is roughly 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- The storm does more damage than normal, ticking for 5% health during the first circle and 10% for the rest of the game.
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.