Genshin Impact: The best artifact set for Ayato – Heart of Depth versus combination Gladiator’s or Shimenawa’s versus Echoes of an Offering
Let’s discuss the best artifact sets in Genshin Impact for Ayato.
Heart of Depth 4-piece
Heart of Depth from the Peak of Vindagnyr domain in Dragonspine provides the following boons:
- 2-piece set bonus: +15% Hydro damage bonus.
- 4-piece set bonus: +30% normal and charged attack damage for 15 seconds after using an elemental skill.
Heart of Depth with ATK-boosting combo
Alternatively, you can go with Heart of Depth plus another set with an ATK boost:
- Heart of Depth 2-piece set bonus: +15% Hydro damage bonus.
- Gladiator’s/Shimenawa’s/Echoes/Vermillion – +18% ATK.
Echoes of an Offering 4-piece
The new Echoes of an Offering artifact set might be viable as well, though it relies heavily on RNG procs:
- 2-piece set bonus: +18% ATK.
- 4-piece set bonus: When normal attacks hit an enemy, there’s a 36% chance to trigger Valley Rite, increasing normal attack damage by 70% of your ATK stat. The effect is dispelled 0.5 seconds after a normal attack deals damage. If a normal attack doesn’t trigger Valley Rite, the odds of it triggering will be subsequently increased.
- Main stats – We’re going with the basic DPS build, which means having an ATK% sands, Hydro goblet, and crit rate or crit damage circlet.
- Sub-stats – Focus on the usual DPS stats, such as crit rate or crit damage (with a 2:1 ratio), and ATK%. Although Ayato’s Namisen effect gains an increase based on his maximum HP, his HP isn’t something we should prioritize.
Note: Ayato’s character ascension will also increase his crit damage (up to 88.4% after ascending him past level 80), so you’re more likely to focus on crit rate.
In any case, let’s go to the next part of our Genshin Impact Ayato guide to talk about his character ascension materials.