Genshin Impact: Childe’s/Tartaglia’s weapon: Rust or Viridescent Hunt
I personally consider Rust and Viridescent Hunt as the best weapon choices for Childe/Tartaglia in Genshin Impact.
Rust (ATK%) – Rust comes from wishes/gacha microtransactions (it’s a 4-star weapon, so it’s easier to get via RNG). What makes Rust amazing is its normal attack damage boost. Since Childe/Tartaglia is a hybrid character, this bow’s perk still applies to melee attacks when you use his elemental skill.
Viridescent Hunt (crit rate) – Meanwhile, Viridescent Hunt comes from the Gnostic Hymn Battle Pass. You can use it as a viable substitute since it’s got crit rate as a stat. Likewise, the mini-tornado it spawns can be helpful when trying to group up smaller enemies.
To be fair, though, there are other bows out there that are viable (or even stronger):
- Skyward Harp (crit rate) and Amos Bow (ATK%) – Both of these 5-star bows in Genshin Impact will trump all other options for Childe/Tartaglia (though you probably don’t want to consider the new Elegy for the End). Still, since these are 5-star weapons, they can only be obtained with a lot of fates (aka. cash) and a bit of luck. They won’t always be available since they’re part of their own featured wish banners.
- Blackcliff Warbow (crit damage) – Obtained from Paimon’s Shop, this weapon gains an ATK boost whenever you kill enemies (and Childe has no problems doing that).
- Prototype Crescent (ATK%) – Although this is a great weapon in the hands of Ganyu, it can be a hassle if Childe uses this since the proc requires you to land aimed shots on enemy weak points. That means you’ll do an aimed shot to gain a 10-second buff, then switch to melee stance to make the most out of that boost. You can’t really do another charged shot on a weak point unless you go back to bow stance.
- Stringless (elemental mastery) – Although it grants a 30% increase to your elemental skill and elemental burst damage, the sub-stat is totally wasted on Childe. Other characters like Venti and Fischl do better with this weapon.
- Windblume Ode (elemental mastery) – Genshin Impact‘s freebie weapon from the Windblume Festival isn’t viable for Childe/Tartaglia. Equip this only if you don’t have any other alternatives.
Anyway, the next section of our guide talks about the best artifacts for Childe/Tartaglia.