Eula’s talent priorities
So, how exactly do Eula’s talents work in Genshin Impact?
Normal Attack: Favonius Bladework – Edel – This is basically just Eula’s normal attack combos. As mentioned earlier, she has a ridiculously fast normal attack speed for a claymore user. Heck, you can even think of her as a sword-wielding character because of how quickly she’ll swipe at people with that giant sword. However, you shouldn’t prioritize this over your burst.
Icetide Vortex – Eula’s elemental skill has a couple of uses. First, the quick press of the “E” button deals Cryo damage while giving her a stack of Grimheart (boosted defense and interruption resistance). Grimheart stacks up to two times and you can only gain a stack every 0.3 seconds. Then, there’s the charged version when you hold “E.” This will deal AoE Cryo damage to enemies that are in front of her. When Grimheart stacks are consumed, additional Cryo damage is dealt to opponents via an Icewhirl Brand. Likewise, the Grimheart consumption will lower the Cryo and Physical resistances of targets.
Glacial Illumination – Finally, there’s Eula’s elemental burst/ultimate. This is a wide arcing swipe that deals AoE Cryo damage. Another key component here is the Lightfall Sword that spawns when the burst is used. While the Lightfall Sword is around, damaging foes with Eula’s normal attacks, elemental skills, and the burst itself will grant a stacking charge. Then, after seven seconds, the Lightfall Sword will explode to unleash massive Physical damage based on the number of charges.
Because of this mechanic, the Glacial Illimunation burst should be Eula’s talent priority since leveling it up also increases the Lightfall Sword’s base damage and additional damage per charge. You should also try to stack more charges within those seven seconds by hitting as often with your offensive capabilities. Oh, and don’t forget that the Lightfall Sword will automatically explode if Eula leaves the field.
- Roiling Rime – If you have two Grimheart stacks when you use Icetide Vortex’s charged skill, a Shattered Lightfall Sword will spawn. It’ll explode for 50% of the basic Physical damage dealt by a Lightfall sword spawned by the burst.
- Wellspring of War-Lust – When you cast your Glacial Illumination burst, the cooldown of Icetide Vortex is reset and Eula gains a Grimheart stack.
- Aristocratic Introspection – When Eula crafts talent materials, she has a 10% chance to gain double the product.
Note: Eula’s talent leveling materials include hilichurl masks, Resistance booklets, and the Dragon Lord’s Crown item from Azhdaha.
Eula has extremely useful constellations (i.e., C1 and C2) that will truly make her even more of an offensive powerhouse. Of course, trying to get these will be very costly and expensive:
- C1: Tidal Illusion – Each time the Icetide Vortex’s Grimheart stacks are consumed, Eula’s Physical damage is increased by 30% for six seconds. Each stack consumed adds to the duration of this effect by six seconds up to a maximum of 18 seconds.
- C2: Lady of Seafoam – Decreases the 10-second cooldown of Icetide Vortex’s holding/charged skill. It’ll simply have the quick press’ cooldown of four seconds.
- C3: Lawrence Pedigree – +3 levels for your elemental skill; maximum level is 15.
- C4: The Obstinacy of One’s Inferiors – +25% Lightfall Sword damage against opponents with less than 50% health.
- C5: Chivalric Quality – +3 levels for your elemental burst; maximum level is 15.
- C6: Noble Obligation – All Lightfall Swords created by the elemental burst have five energy stacks already. All hits with normal attacks, elemental skills, and the elemental burst have a 50% chance to add an extra stack of energy.
Anyway, let’s go to the next part of our guide to discuss Eula’s character ascension materials.