Rusty Koi and Golden Koi are two kinds of fish that you’ll want to collect in Genshin Impact. Compared to Medaka, they’re somewhat rarer and more valuable. Also, the Fruit Paste Bait won’t attract them. Instead, you’ll need to use Fake Fly Bait (10x of this item requires 1x Sakura Bloom and 1x Horsetail). Here’s our Genshin Impact guide to help you find Rusty Koi and Golden Koi all over Teyvat so you can, eventually, get The Catch polearm.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub, as well as our version 2.1 overview. Likewise, you can take a look at our main guide for Genshin Impact’s fishing mechanics.
Genshin Impact fishing guide — Where to find Rusty Koi and Golden Koi locations
Golden Koi and Rusty Koi can be found in the same locations in Genshin Impact, at least in most cases. If a Golden Koi is there, then, chances are, a Rusty Koi will spawn, too. There are just a few caveats:
- Golden Koi will always be around regardless of the time of day.
- Rusty Koi will only spawn at nighttime (i.e., 1800 to 0600), so you might need to adjust the clock.
Here are the areas in Genshin Impact where you’ll usually find Golden Koi and/or Rusty Koi (these locations should have both unless stated otherwise):
- Mondstadt Fishing Points:
- Stormbearer Mountains (Golden Koi only)
- Cider Lake/Springvale
- Liyue Fishing Points:
- The bridge north of Guili Plains.
- Across the shore to the west of Wangshu Inn.
- Near Luhua Pool/Hidden Palace of Guizhang Formula domain.
- Inazuma Fishing Points:
- The locations close to the Koseki Village Statue of the Seven should have these.
Koi fish are considered ornamental fish. So, if you have the Pool of Sapphire Grace for your Serenitea Pot, you can see them swimming around. Oh, and you do need 20x of each for The Catch polearm, as well as Raimei Angelfish. You can take a look at our Raimei Angelfish locations guide to start farming them.
Note: Don’t forget that most fish in Genshin Impact, including Rusty Koi and Golden Koi, will take roughly three days to respawn.