The full name of this challenge is “Harpastum Bombs Loaded… Blow ‘Em Away.” You’ll unlock this activity after completing a short quest for Act 4 of the Midsummer Island Adventure. With the forcefield gone, interact with the crafting station on the island so you can create several explosives. Here’s our Harpastum Bombs Loaded challenge guide for Genshin Impact.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub. You may also take a look at our main guide for the Midsummer Island Adventure/Golden Apple Archipelago.
Genshin Impact: Harpastum Bombs Loaded, Blow ‘Em Away challenge guide
You’ll receive 20x of each Harpastum Bomb whenever you complete a single crafting action:
- Straight Shooter (1x Flaming Flower Stamen and 1x Frog) – Deals a large amount of Pyro damage to a single target.
- Hot Pod (1x Flaming Flower Stamen and 1x Lizard Tail) – Deals a small amount of Pyro damage over a small area-of-effect (AoE).
- Floaty Splody (1x Flaming Flower Stamen and 1x Luminescent Spine) – Deals high Pyro damage over a large AoE.
All these explosives deal a ton of damage (especially if you proc Melt). I did have a lot of Luminescent Spines from fireflies, so I made dozens of Floaty Sploadies. If you open the event panel, you’ll see some objectives with rewards (i.e., primogems, mora, and hero’s wit):
- Clear out 3/6/9 monster camps.
- Use Straight Shooters to defeat two opponents two times in a single challenge.
- Use Floaty Splodies to defeat three opponents two times in a single challenge.
- Use Floaty Splodies to defeat three opponents four times in a single challenge.
Note: The wording seems a little off. Based on experience, I did not need to do multikills a specific number of times in only one challenge just to complete the tally.
So, what exactly does this activity entail? Well, you’ll simply go to the marked areas with the Dodoco icon. There, you’ll spot several hilichurls (including stronger variants like mitachurls and lawachurls). Simply equip the Harpastum Bomb of your choice, press “Z,” then press and hold “E” to aim the explosive. Throw it at the pack of mobs and watch everything go boom. In some cases, enemies will spawn in waves, giving you an opportunity to get multikills.
Oh, and if you don’t want to wait for the Harpastum Bomb’s cooldown to end while battling hostiles, simply open your inventory. Time will pass by while the game is paused, and you can freely throw bombs once more.
Each completion nets you 300x Mini Harpastum, a currency used in the event shop. With this, you’ll also be able to obtain the Dodoco Tales catalyst weapon and its refinement material.