After interacting with all three fast travel points in the Golden Apple Archipelago in Genshin Impact, you’ll unlock the Make Cannon, Make Ready, Fire challenge. This entails using the Waverider to destroy structures and take out the hilichurls across the high seas. Here’s our guide to help you with Genshin Impact‘s Make Cannon, Make Ready, Fire challenge.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub. You may also take a look at our main guide for the Midsummer Island Adventure/Golden Apple Archipelago.
Genshin Impact: Make Cannon, Make Ready, Fire challenge guide
The Make Cannon, Make Ready, Fire challenge locations will appear on the regional map and you can easily track them. Just be sure that you’re aware of the Waverider’s capabilities:
- Left-click fires a normal projectile and it does very low damage. However, you can shoot continuously and, if you’re slightly facing structures, explosive barrels, or enemies, the projectile will automatically target them.
- Using the “E” skill fires a charged projectile from a heavy cannon. This one deals high damage, but it has a lengthy cooldown. You’ll need to pick up glowing pearls (light green orbs) to decrease the cooldown significantly. Should you encounter areas that have wind barriers, then you can use the heavy cannon to destroy the Violent Wind Barriers controlled by Anemo samachurls.
- Right-clicking or pressing the shift key provides a burst of speed, useful for getting around faster. Remember that the Waverider’s “stamina” will also be drained while this is active.
- Holding space allows you to jump out of the vessel so you can fight mobs on your own.
- The Waverider has roughly 40,000 health. Enemy shots, including elemental reactions, do apply, so watch out when you take hits. If the Waverider is destroyed, you’ll be left alone on the open sea. Still, if the Waverider isn’t taking damage consistently, it’ll regenerate its HP in a short while.
Ideally, you’ll want to go from one floating structure to the next, crisscrossing the waves as you fire on hapless hilichurls. Do try to avoid elemental shots from hilichurl archers. Likewise, beware of whirlpools in the vicinity. These will pull the boat into the vortex, causing damage and draining its stamina over time.
Oh, and try to face the direction of platforms or hilichurls so that the Waverider’s attack can easily hit them. It can take a while, though, because the Waverider’s projectiles tend to focus on the wooden structures before the enemies.
If you’re getting a bit impatient, you can always jump out and battle the mobs on your own. Doing so can be a lot quicker, though there are some challenge tasks that still require you to defeat foes using the Waverider’s attacks.
Note: There might be some platforms that won’t get destroyed, but that’s fine. These are usually the spawn points of additional waves of mobs.
Clearing out each encampment nets you 200 Shiny Flotsam. It’s a currency used in the event shop. Moreover, there are a few objectives that you can complete to gain some extra rewards:
- Collect 200/1,000/2,000 Shiny Flotsam – 30x primogems, 20,000x mora, and Waverider Repair Toolbox.
- Defeat 30/60 enemies on Floating Towers – 2x hero’s wit and 20,000x mora.
- Use the Waverider’s heavy cannon or explosive barrels to destroy five Violent Wind Barriers – 2x hero’s wit and 20,000x mora.