Moonchase Tales is yet another activity that you can do during the Moonlight Merriment event in Genshin Impact. It entails helping the Cloud Retainer adeptus in making a unique dish. Just watch out because there are some tricky mechanics involved. Here’s our Genshin Impact Moonlight Merriment guide to help you with Moonchase Tales and how to use the Supreme Cuisine Machine.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub, as well as our version 2.1 overview. Likewise, you can take a look at our main guide for the Moonlight Merriment event in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact: Moonlight Merriment Moonchase Tales and Supreme Cooking Machine guide – Path of Stalwart Stone
Once you have access to the Moonlight Merriment event proper, simply click on the Moonchase Tales panel. You’ll see the Cuisine Machine Test Run for the Path of the Stalwart Stone. Click on that and head to the marked location in Huaguang Stone Forest. There, you’ll meet up with the Cloud Retainer.
After telling you about this odd contraption, you’ll see faint wisps of smoke. These are actually trails that you need to follow. Things can get a bit confusing since the smoke trails are hard to see.
Our goal here is to reach one of the smaller pillars in the area. Once you get close enough, you’ll see several Anemo slimes. One will float away and you need to defeat it. Try to bring a range character like Ganyu or Fischl to eliminate it quickly.
You’ll receive 1x Anemo Slime-Swallowed Bamboo Shoots. This is an important item that you need to bring back to the Cloud Retainer.
Next, the Cloud Retainer will tell you about the Supreme Cuisine Machine. There are three pots here and two buttons on the ground. Here’s what we need to watch out for:
- All three pots will have a temperature gauge. Our main goal is to keep temperatures for all three pots within the sweet spot (with a yellowish hue in the gauge) until the 90-second timer has elapsed.
- A fire known as an Adeptal Flame will be underneath one of the pots which causes the temperature to rise. The pots without the flame will have their temperatures drop.
- You can use the two buttons on the ground to move the flame to the left or right.
- Likewise, you may cast abilities and skills that affect the temperature. Pyro will increase it. Meanwhile, Hydro and Cryo will decrease it.
- If the temperature of any pot reaches the extreme threshold, the challenge will fail. You can restart it, so no worries.
If you’re successful, you’ll receive the Piping Hot Oncidium Tofu dish. The Cloud Retainer will disappear, but there should be another Moonchase Tales challenge in a couple of days.