The Lantern Rite 2022 event in Genshin Impact started a few days ago. Since then, there have been additional stages and tasks for each activity. Now, the last one, Oceanic Defender, is finally available. Here’s our Genshin Impact Oceanic Defender guide to help you defeat Beisht and complete the necessary challenges.
Genshin Impact Lantern Rite 2022 – How to defeat Beisht in Oceanic Defender
Beisht, the water serpent boss that you faced during the Jade Chamber Rising quest, has three health bars pertaining to each head. One head is active at the start and, after depleting its HP, the two others can be attacked. The targets can dive and resurface. Moreover, heads that have already been taken out of play can still damage you with certain abilities:
- Water Orbs – Your character is marked with a crosshair and orbs will home in on them.
- Whirlpool – A large whirlpool will be created in the center of the arena, pulling your character before erupting. Beware because other attacks might be cast while this is going on.
- Big Bite – A red line appears on the ground, and one of the heads will rush that area for a bite attack.
- Jetstream – Instead of a bite, one of the heads will spew a stream of water.
- Bubble Bath – Large orbs will drop on spots denoted by red circles.
Ranged characters like Ganyu truly excel in Genshin Impact‘s Oceanic Defender Beisht boss fight. If you already have her, then she can make quick work of Beisht due to her blooming charged shots. Alternatively, you can slash the active head’s torso with your melee characters, while waiting for any head to get immobilized on the ground after rushing you. Lastly, you can start random matchmaking if you need help from other players.
Here are the challenge tasks and rewards for the Oceanic Defender Beisht boss fight in Genshin Impact:
- Complete the challenge one/three/six times – 60 primogems, 30,000 mora, and 420/600/1,200 Conquest Talismans.
- Defeat Beisht before she can dive four times – 30,000 primogems and 3x hero’s wit.
- Defeat Beisht without being hit by her Jetstream attack – 30,000 primogems and 3x hero’s wit.
Conquest Talismans can be used in the third tab of the event shop. You can receive talent booklets and a Crown of Insight. Likewise, you’ll notice that you still have 1,000 remaining. These, alongside Affluence Talismans, are used to obtain your free 4-star character in the Prosperous Partnerships panel. Finally, there’s The Moon’s Comely Brow panel where all the talismans you’ve amassed would get tallied. This is where you can receive Ningguang’s special costume for free.