You can fight the Raiden Shogun as a weekly boss in Genshin Impact now that the version 2.5 update is available. Your encounter with the construct as part of Raiden Ei’s story quest should give you an idea of what to expect. However, the variant in the trounce domain, the End of Oneiric Euthymia, is even more brutal. Here’s our Genshin Impact guide to help you defeat the Raiden Shogun weekly boss, also known as the Guardian of Eternity. This is also the battle where you can obtain new high-end talent materials, such as The Meaning of Aeons for Yae Miko.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun weekly boss guide — Defeating the Guardian of Eternity
Raiden Ei’s story quest had a multi-phase encounter against the Raiden Shogun (I’ll refer to your good pal as Ei and the construct as Shogun/Guardian of Eternity to avoid confusion). However, the weekly boss fight is more hectic, and the actual mechanics are in play.
- Ominous Destiny – This is a circular meter next to the Raiden Shogun/Guardian of Destiny’s name. Every attack that hits a character will cause this meter to gradually fill.
- Baleful Shadowlord Form – Once the meter is full, she transforms into the multi-limbed golem variant. She will have high damage resistance, and your party will lose energy at intervals, too. To break her shield and get her to return back to her normal form, you’ll need to use elemental attacks that react with Electro (i.e., Pyro, Hydro, and Cryo). However, it’s also possible for her shield to slowly get depleted over time while she’s casting her abilities.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun and Guardian of Eternity abilities (Normal Form)
While the Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact is in her normal form, she’ll have the following abilities:
- Combo Hits – The boss has lightning-fast attacks (pun intended). I’ve tried shooting her with Ganyu’s charged shots and I had to dodge every other second to avoid her melee swings and teleports.
- Clone Wars – She will summon multiple clones that will do cross slashes. Destroy the right one and you’ll be able to stun her. If you take too long, then she’ll just do another attack. Additionally, you’ll receive an achievement if you manage to kill the correct clone on your first try.
- Implosion – Several dark circles will appear on the ground near the edges of the arena, causing an explosion after a few seconds. A larger circle will then appear in the middle, causing yet another explosion.
- Magatsu Electroculi – A dark circle will appear on the ground, and an Electroculi will be on top of it. Destroy this object to prevent the circle from exploding. It’s also possible for the boss to follow this up by causing three more circles to spawn.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun and Guardian of Eternity abilities (Baleful Shadowlord Form)
Naturally, the Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact will still hit your characters no matter how hard you try. As such, she’ll turn into a daemonic golem. During this phase, you’ve got two choices. First, you can attack with elemental reactions to break her shield faster, but it’s risky since she’ll be dealing more damage as well.
Alternatively, you can just watch your opponent’s moves and do everything you can to dodge. Because her shield will get depleted for every attack sequence that she does, she’ll be back to her normal form where you can drop her HP.
As for her abilities, you’ll have to watch out for the following:
- Sword Smash – She’ll raise her arm and a purple outline will appear on the ground. It will slowly expand, following your character’s position, before she crashes down with her sword.
- Happy Hands – The floating hands will home in on your location and clamp down on your character.
- Thunder Totems – Three totems will appear around the Raiden Shogun. These will pulse with Electro energy at intervals, followed by a final pulse with three outlines. This move actually made me scratch my head earlier until I realized that they can be avoided by timing your jumps properly.
- Ripper Claws – Claw-like projectiles will emerge and travel along the ground. Go between them to avoid getting hit. This is followed by a horizontal beam that you cannot jump over normally. Instead, you have to run sideways to avoid it.
- Final Calamity – This is her ultimate attack, one that will delete even a shielded Zhongli. Basically, she’ll create a small, flower-like object in the middle of the arena. You need to quickly destroy it to create a barrier (use Electro to shatter the object faster). The barrier is the only thing that will protect you from a dimension-ripping slash. Otherwise, it’s instant death.
Note: Speaking of Zhongli, his pillar/stele does get destroyed by some of the moves. However, if you’re on top of one, you can jump over projectiles that travel along the ground.
Once you lower her shield, she’ll be stunned for several seconds. You might have your bursts again, so this would be a good time to nuke her. If she ends up damaging your characters and powering up her shield once more, then you’ll have to repeat the above process.
After beating the Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact, you’ll receive a bunch of items like The Meaning of Aeons and Vajrada Amethyst. These can be used to improve Yae Miko’s talents.