Sayu’s talent priorities
Let’s discuss Sayu’s capabilities and talent priorities.
Normal Attack: Shuumatsuban Ninja Blade – This talent affects Sayu’s normal, charged, and plunging attacks. You likely won’t be leveling this up anytime soon.
Yoohoo Art: Fuuin Dash – Sayu’s elemental skill has two versions: press and hold. Both cause her to enter the Fuufuu Windwheel state where she’d roll and deal a Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick afterward. However, the held version allows you to control her movement while rolling for 10 seconds. The FuuFuu Whirlwind Kick that occurs afterward will deal even greater damage. Moreover, the held version causes the Elemental Absorption effect. Any Pyro, Hydro, Cryo, or Electro effect that Sayu comes into contact with while rolling will absorb that element so she can deal additional damage. Still, using this charged version of her elemental skill will incur a longer cooldown depending on how long she’s been rolling.
Yoohoo Art: Mujina Fury – Sayu’s elemental burst causes multiple instances of healing and damage:
- Upon activation, Sayu will deal Anemo damage to enemies, while healing nearby party members as well. The amount healed scales based on Sayu’s ATK.
- The burst will also summon a Muji-Muji Daruma. This odd-looking creature will heal characters if they have 70% or less HP, or if there are no opponents around. If nearby characters are above 70% HP, the Muji-Muji Daruma will attack hostiles. Again, the healing will scale off Sayu’s ATK.
- The burst sequence has a 12-second duration and a 20-second cooldown. It’s rather expensive, requiring 80 energy to be cast.
Note: Sayu’s talents require Light booklets (from the Violet Court domain every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday), as well as Nectar from Whopperflower mobs. At higher levels, you’ll need the Gilded Scale from Azhdaha.
- Yoohoo Art: Silencer’s Secret – If Sayu is in your party, crystalflies and certain animals won’t get started when you go near them.
- Someone More Capable – If Sayu triggers a Swirl reaction, she’ll heal all characters and nearby allies for 300 HP. She’ll heal an additional 1.2 HP for every elemental mastery stat that she has.
- No Work Today – The Muji-Muji Daruma from your elemental burst will have a larger AoE attack range against enemies, and it’ll also heal characters near its initial healing target for 20%.
Sayu is a 4-star character in Genshin Impact, which means it’ll be a lot easier to rank up her Constellations (if you’re up for it). At best, you could just try to get Constellation 1 (C1). Here are her Constellation effects:
- C1: Multi-Task no Jutsu – The Muji-Muji Daruma ignores HP limits. It can now attack and heal at the same time.
- C2: Egress Prep – +3.3% FuuFuu Whirlwind Kick damage; additional +3.3% damage for every 0.5 seconds that Sayu is in a Windwheel state (i.e., rolling). You can gain a maximum of +66% damage for her kick.
- C3: Eh, the Bunshin Can Handle It – +3 levels for your elemental skill; maximum level is 15.
- C4: Skiving New and Improved -1.2 energy whenever Sayu triggers a Swirl reaction; can occur every two seconds.
- C5: Speed Comes First – +3 levels for your elemental burst; maximum level is 15.
- C6: Sleep O’Clock – The Muji-Muji Daruma will benefit from every point of Sayu’s elemental mastery stat:
- +0.2% ATK (maximum of 400% ATK).
- +3 HP restored (maximum of 6,000 HP).
Anyway, let’s talk about character ascension materials in the next part of our Genshin Impact Sayu build guide.