The Enkanomiya region in Genshin Impact has several areas for you to explore and a lot of stuff to discover. These include the Secret Room and the Secret Key in The Narrows. Here’s our Genshin Impact guide to help you with The Narrows Secret Room Key so you can open a Luxurious Chest.
Genshin Impact: Enkanomiya guide – The Narrows Secret Room Key and Luxurious Chest
The Narrows Secret Room Key location
The Narrows Secret Room in Genshin Impact is in the southwestern section of the area. You’ll find a hidden ledge along the cliffside, which also happens to have a Sigil collectible. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to open the door just yet. That’s because we need to find the Secret Room Key.
To find it, check the cliffside near the northwestern fast travel point. There’s a portion that’s jutting out. On it are three Triangular Mechanisms that you can interact with if it’s Whitenight. Just hit each device a couple of times to move the lanterns. You should see notifications that each lantern is at the correct spot.
Make your way inside and switch to Evernight. Follow the winding corridor until you see the shade of Adonis and a chest. Opening the chest nets you the Secret Room Key. Head back outside and tag the switch to make it Whitenight once more.
Note: Technically, Adonis and this location are part of a separate sidequest called Lotus Eater.
Return to the sealed door in the southwestern section and use The Narrows Secret Room Key to open it.
Destroy the wall by blowing up the barrels, and make your way further inside the ruins. You’re not done yet because you need to solve a puzzle.
The Narrows Secret Room puzzle
You’ll notice parts that are sealed off with light barriers. There’s also a damaged Triangular Mechanism, as well as two switches. Let’s call them L-Switch and R-Switch.
Here’s what we need to do:
- Activate R-Switch to make it Evernight.
- Look behind you to find a dais (cube). Interact with that to open the small gate.
- Reactivate R-Switch to make it Whitenight, then interact with L-Switch to make it Evernight.
- Enter the small room behind you and take the essence buff.
- Reactivate L-Switch and make it Whitenight.
- Go near the Triangular Mechanism across the room. The essence buff repairs it. Hit it to open the large metal gate.
- Past the gate, there’s a shimmering part of the wall. Beyond that is a pool of water and a Precious Chest. But, we’ve still got other stuff to do.
- Go back to the L-Switch and swap to Evernight.
- Head past the large gate and check the wall. You should be able to activate it and see new symbols.
- Look familiar? Well, that’s because those symbols are part of the Serpent’s Heart puzzle area. You completed that during the main quest arc. Now, it’s time to get a different reward.
Serpent’s Heart puzzle and Luxurious Chest
Return to the Serpent’s Heart puzzle area and make sure it’s Evernight. Move to the spectral doorways in a specific order based on the pips in each symbol.
If you do it correctly, three Ruin Guards will spawn. Defeat them to spawn your reward. That does it, you’ve completed The Narrows Secret Room puzzle in Genshin Impact and you’ve obtained the related Luxurious Chest.