Genshin Impact Wanderer Scarmouche guide – Materials, talent priorities, and constellations
Let’s discuss the Wanderer Scaramouche’s kit in Genshin Impact.
- Handguards – Dropped by Nobushi Samurai
- Rukkhashava Mushrooms – Found in Sumeru. You can take a look at our Rukkhashava Mushrooms farming locations guide if you need help acquiring them.
- Vayuda Turquoise – Dropped by the Anemo Hypostasis, Stormterror, Maguu Kenki, Algorithm Matrix, and Wanderer Shouki no Kami.
- Perpetual Caliber – Dropped by the Aeonblight Drake.
- Handguards – Dropped by Nobushi Samurai
- Praxis booklets – Obtained from the Steeple of Ignorance domain.
- Daka’s Bell – Dropped by the Shouki no Kami/Scaramouche weekly boss.
Note: Wanderer gains crit rate from his ascensions, up to 19.2% past level 80.
- Normal Attack: Yuuban Meigen – Boosts the damage of normal, charged, and plunging attacks. Of particular note is the charging attack, which deals AoE Anemo damage.
- Elemental Skill: Hanega Song of the Wind – When cast, allows Wanderer to hover in the air, creating a separate stamina bar of sorts:
- Normal and charged attacks have increased damage and AoE, and charge attacks don’t cost stamina.
- Normal and charged attacks are still primarily boosted by the Yuuban Meigen talent.
- You can dash and dodge while in mid-air, but this will consume more stamina.
- You can hold the jump button to get lifted further upward.
- Wanderer has absolutely no interrupt resistance while hovering, and even ground attacks can cause him to get knocked down.
- Elemental Burst: Kyougen Five Ceremonial Plays – Stomps on the ground to deal several instances of AoE Anemo damage.
- Strum the Swirling Winds – 50% decreased mora when ascending bows and catalysts.
- Jade-Claimed Flower – Gains buffs when the initial hit of the skill comes into contact with other elements (max of two different buffs simultaneously):
- Hydro – Increased hovering stamina.
- Pyro – +30% ATK.
- Cryo – +20% crit rate.
- Electro – +0.8 energy restored when normal and charged attacks hit enemies.
- Gales of Reverie – When mid-air normal and charged attacks hit enemies, there’s a chance that you’ll fire Anemo arrows when you dash.
- C1: Shoban Ostentatious Plumage – +10% normal and charged attack speed. Anemo arrows from the Gales of Reverie passive gain 25% of ATK as damage.
- C2: Niban Isle Amidst White Waves – Increases the damage of the burst depending on the difference between the max hover stamina and its current amount when casting (up to a maximum of 200%). Basically, you’ll want to pop his burst when your hover stamina is about to run out.
- C3: Secrets of the Night – +3 elemental burst level; max upgrade level of 15.
- C4: Yonban Set Adrift Into Spring – Allows you to have three instances of elemental buffs from the Jade-Claimed Flower passive, even the elements that aren’t triggered.
- C5: Matsuban Ancient Illuminator – +3 elemental skill level; max upgrade level of 15.
- C6: Shugen the Curtains’ Melancholic Sway – When you hit an opponent in mid-air with your normal attack:
- Deals an additional instance of normal attack damage (40% of the base value).
- Restores extra hover stamina points when you go below 40.
Talent/constellation priorities and summary
Layla is a fairly decent support shielder in Genshin Impact:
- Talent priority: Normal Attack -> Elemental Burst -> Elemental Skill.
- The reason for the above is that leveling the elemental skill only increases the scaling based on the percentage of the normal attack talent (i.e., roughly 20-30% of the normal attack talent’s percentage from level 1 to level 10). Meanwhile, the difference between the level 1 and level 10 scaling of the burst is nearly double the value (i.e., 147% to 265%).
- You can either spam Scaramouche’s normal attacks or charged attacks (the speed is increased while he’s hovering). Charged attacks while hovering don’t consume stamina.
- Moreover, charged attacks can only CC in terms of popping/causing light enemies to get tossed in mid-air. You’re not necessarily grouping them together like Kazuha or Venti.
- Ideally, you’ll want Pyro or Cryo teammates to obtain good Jade-Claimed Flower procs.
- Speaking of teammates, you’re going to need a shielder since Scaramouche can easily get interrupted and knocked down, ending his hovering state prematurely.
- As of now, I’m somewhat underwhelmed by his kit due to the lack of interrupt resistance ruining your attack sequence. As such, I couldn’t recommend any of his constellations. Not only is it expensive, but none of the options help make him beefier, so you’d still rely heavily on a shielder, freeze comp, or perfect dodging just to get by.
That’s it for the Wanderer’s best talents and build. Let’s discuss the other facets related to this enemy-turned-friend in the next parts of our Genshin Impact Wanderer Scaramouche guide series. We talk about the best weapons, best artifacts, and ideal team comps.