Crate Entertainment has announced the release date for the highly anticipated Grim Dawn expansion Ashes of Malmouth.
This new expansion brings two new chapters to the ARPG bringing new zones, and as the title suggests, the city of Malmouth. Two new Masteries are also being added to the game, the Inquisitor and ARPG favourite the Necromancer.
Over 300 unique items have also been added for loot fiends and there are also 14 new Constellations. To keep players on their toes, the update brings 40 new bosses and Mini-bosses.
This is a large Grim Dawn expansion and it’s around 50% of the size of the base game with a level cap increase up to 100 so there’s plenty to play for. A full list of key features can be found below.
Ashes of Malmouth releases on 11 October.
Grim Dawn Ashes of Malmouth Key Features
- Level Cap Increased to 100 – Reach for ever greater power with an increased level cap of 100 and an increased Devotion cap of 55!
- Two Additional Masteries – Unleash your vengeance upon the enemies of humanity with two new Masteries: the Inquisitor and the Necromancer, both of which can be combined with the base game’s Masteries, nearly doubling the possible combinations!
- Two Story Chapters – Confront the devious Aetherials and their twisted abominations in the fallen city of Malmouth as you push forward alongside the Black Legion and Inquisitor Creed in two epic Chapters!
- Transform Your Appearance – A brand-new Illusionist Service NPC enables you to transform the appearance of your equipment and customize your ideal look! Draw upon every item in your collection across all characters!
- New Environments – Explore new parts of Cairn to the north of Burrwitch and beyond! Traverse the treacherous forest of Gloomwald and the murky Ugdenbog as you seek passage to the fallen city of Malmouth.
- Four Factions – New Factions provide more opportunities to make allies…and enemies. Earn their favor to unlock unique rewards, or become a nemesis to spawn powerful foes.
- 14 Constellations – Unleash the might of the Arkovian Gods with 14 new Devotion Constellations that open up even more combinations in Grim Dawn’s massive constellation map.
- Collect Hundreds of New Items – Dozens of new Monster Infrequents and Hundreds of Epic and Legendary items are waiting to be added to your collection! Combine them with the new Illusion System to create a look unique to you!
- Item Skill Modifiers – Transmute and empower your Mastery skills using new Skill Modifiers found exclusively on equipment.
- New Nemesis and Superbosses – Tackle all-new vicious threats and earn their unique loot. Discover Cairn’s secrets to summon supremely powerful foes.
- A New Rogue-Like Dungeon – A fourth Rogue-Like Dungeon is coming in a free update, shortly after release, featuring the corrupting presence of the Aetherials and the Chthonians upon the beasts of Cairn.
- Expanded Stash – Stow away precious treasure with a vastly expanded Personal Stash and an additional Shared Stash Tab.
- Reset Your Attributes and Mastery Bar – Find a new type of potion that allows you reset your Attribute Points. Speak to a Spirit Guide to unlearn the Mastery Bar down to one point.