Crate Entertainment has now released the modding tools for their ARPG Grim Dawn.
The mod tools can be downloaded from this page on Crate’s site which also comes with a guide on how to use the tools.
Grim Dawn features a powerful set of modding tools, the same tools, in fact, as the ones used by the development team in the creation of the game. This grants players vast opportunities to create their own content, items, classes and even entire worlds. Advanced users can take even advantage of Lua support to script complex gameplay events and create entirely new types of content not seen in the base game.
Combined with the creativity of our growing community, the immense potential of the modding tools will provide Grim Dawn users with free player-generated content for years to come.
The mod tools release also bring more updates to the game which have been detailed in the patch notes below.
Brim Dawn v V188.8.131.52 patch Notes
[Major New Features]
- Modding Tools are now available. You can find them in your Grim Dawn installation folder. These are the same tools that were used by the dev team in the creation of Grim Dawn. You can use them to create new items, new masteries and even entire new worlds. Their vast potential is now in your hands!
- Celestial Powers now have their chance to activate scale based on the assigned skill, with longer cooldown abilities having up to a 100% chance to trigger.
- Fixed WeaponPool attacks not working with Chance on Enemy Death autocasts.
- Fixed lag hovering over certain weapons.
- Added cooldown reduction to displayed cooldown values on skills.
- Basic weapon attacks are no longer added in between casts for zero cooldown skills after a disruption attack.
- Fixed Detail Map centering bugs.
- Added error messages to the Riftgate map.
- Fixed being able to sell stacks while not at a merchant.
- Fixed transfer stash tabs being unlocked for hardcore characters when buying them on normal characters.
- Fixed certain debuff type skills on items not working with Celestial powers.
- Fixed certain skills being able to trigger multiple Celestial autocasts in multiplayer.
- Fixed inconsistent achievement synchronization for GOG players not using Galaxy.
- Fixed an issue with the Servant of Empyrion and Follower of Uroboruuk Achievements not unlocking. This fix is retroactive for characters that meet the requirements.
- Fixed an issue with the Nemesis Monster Infrequent Shoulders only dropping as one of the two possible versions, at level 80+.
- The Ocean of Blood achievement now requires 500000 monster kills
- Fixed an issue with several mid-level Shoulder items that had unusually low, or unusually high, Physique Requirements
- Fixed an issue with some of the Nemesis boss Monster Infrequents having inappropriate Physique Requirements
[Class & Skills]
- Celestial Power chance to activate now scales with the assigned skill’s cooldown and duration (skills with longer cooldowns have a higher activation rate)
- Mark of the Wendigo: reverted proc rate back to 15%, this was missed when the cooldown was reverted.